1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100" TV

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Alaric, Apr 18, 2001.

1. Alaric

Alaric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Hi there,

Dunno if you guys have seen the touts of the web site and advatised on ebay etc of http://www.100inchtv.com/ (To be honest, i think i recall someone posting here asking if it was a scam etc !)

Anyway, someone posted these instructions up on uk.media.homecinema and i thought it may give some people here a giggle !
    http://broch.subnet.dk/projector/start.htm

Always better to have people eductated etc rather than 'scammed'

cya,
    Lee

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well i'll be jiggered.
    That'll be 2 goths that
    a) are older than 21 (well - you look it
    b) have a sense of humour
    c) have an interest in projectors and all such stuff
    d) might even have money to buy some of it, rather than just thinking about it.

Funny sites my friend!

Sisters logo on yer mini too. Utterly B*****d groovy methinks ;-)

So do you have a projector etc, or does all your cash go on FOTN, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, and Rosetta Stone bootlegs?

Cheers.
    Nick

3. Alaric

Alaric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Hi there,

Coo....Not quite the reply i expected, but interesting anyway !

a) 27 atm, so i think that counts...Yup. I'm a SOG !

b)Some people call it a sense of humour....

c) Projectors, Home Cinema, Computers etc

d) Money....errr...well i tend to have lots of second hand kit and do quite a bit myself, but thats more 'cos i like decent kit and good value for money.

Ah....Pat....Well she's still just about sat outside my flat, she's rather rusty though and will never run again....keep contemplating making a model of her !

Nope...I have a Barco Data 800, picked it up early this year and have been playing and tweaking ever since....Should really do a home cinema web site to show where i am and stuff....listing all the kit here would fill up the board !

cya,
    Lee

(Still with rather too many of those CD's though)

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you buy screens with Patchouli oil already doused into the edges???

What screen have you got - looking for advice on a decent one (5.5 ft / manual / ceiling mounted in front of me telly).

Oh - and I never like to give an "expected" reply ;-).

Glad to see you've got a fairly easy going wife too...

Cheers. (me logged in with other I.D that I accidentally submitted with my work email address).

Nick D.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting, and clever solution. Well done fella - looks like you've save a fair bit of eye liner / hairspray funds ;-)

I've got a DSP-A2 - is there a benefit of having the extra front speakers? are they worth it?

cheers.

6. Alaric

Alaric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Hi there,

Screen....Ah...Well, we made one....It was created with 5 sheets of thin hardboard, which were glued and taped, then slotted into a frame of groved pine cladding....We then painted it with a white matt paint. Suprisingly good result, you can only just see the tape on a couple of the boards....probably should give it another coat of paint. The screen is *HUGE* though....120"x80" 'cos we didn't cut down the boards, mind you it also means you can get a bigger 4:3 image !

Its probably not Pro quality, but it works and I think its quite a good picture....cost about £40ish IIRC.

As for the Wife....well she knew i'd always wanted a projector and she'd have never heard the end of it....She's not keen on the amount of cables and speakers (My yammy A3090 has extra front speakers too).....But ah well.

cya,
    Lee