100 meg speed issues

rich521

Established Member
Reaction score
Isues with the evening speed. I used to get very near the 50 meg speed until the doubling late last year. Due to local wi fi, I only got to a max of 65 after that, and to solve this Virgin replaced my modem and router with a super hub. Instantreduction to just over 50 meg max. I then relocated the hub, and via ethernet got speeds of up to 100 fr 1 week. The they started dropping to around 10/20 in the evening. At the same time, I noted two more virgin networks near to me. Virgin have told me that my signal was too weak, but an engineer who attended said it was too strong, and fitted a 10db attentuator. This has made no difference, in the morning, early, I get the full speed, in the evening, nowhere near, and feel that I am getting the runaround of excuses. Any suggestions, could the new Virgin subscribers near me be causing this. I am not a heavy uses, but am not getting what I am paying for from Virgin.

Isues with the evening speed. I used to get very near the 50 meg speed until the doubling late last year. Due to local wi fi, I only got to a max of 65 after that, and to solve this Virgin replaced my modem and router with a super hub. Instantreduction to just over 50 meg max. I then relocated the hub, and via ethernet got speeds of up to 100 fr 1 week. The they started dropping to around 10/20 in the evening. At the same time, I noted two more virgin networks near to me. Virgin have told me that my signal was too weak, but an engineer who attended said it was too strong, and fitted a 10db attentuator. This has made no difference, in the morning, early, I get the full speed, in the evening, nowhere near, and feel that I am getting the runaround of excuses. Any suggestions, could the new Virgin subscribers near me be causing this. I am not a heavy uses, but am not getting what I am paying for from Virgin.

Potentially there it could be an oversubscribed area but we aren't going to know that. Probably better posting on the official Virgin Media forums. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom