100 inch tv

Richie1952

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone know when we are likely to see reasonably priced 100 inch TVs, and I don't mean UST projectors posing as TVs.

There is a cheap 98" on the Chinese market

There is a cheap 98" on the Chinese market
Yeh I've heard about it but the specs aren't great are they. Hdmi 2.1 would be a must for me at the very least.

Basically, no.

I think if you're wanting to go above 85 inches, you need to to projection.

88inches HDMI 2.1 OLED, LG have a TV set available for 30,000. I thought about buying it but it can't be wall mounted and is stuck to an ugly stand. And its very expensive so I eventually came to my senses and got the 77' CX.

If you don't want a 77'' OLED as thats too small, Samsung and Sony have bigger 85 inch panels with inferior image quality but superior size and brightness. Sony's go for 8000-9000 and would be my pick over Samsung.

But I'd still get the 77 CX/GX/AG9 over the 85'' LCD as the difference in size isn't huge but the difference in PQ is (especially at bigger sizes where issues become more obvious).

If you have your heart set on a 95+ inch image, just get an ALR projection screen and a projector. I suggest the Epson 9400 for 2.5k which is a light cannon in its non HDR mode and will impress.

However no projectors have HDMI 2.1 if thats a killer feature for you.. in which case I'd suggest CX/GX for 4 HDMI 2.1 ports.

Your waiting for Rollable oled

Basically, no.

I think if you're wanting to go above 85 inches, you need to to projection.

88inches HDMI 2.1 OLED, LG have a TV set available for 30,000. I thought about buying it but it can't be wall mounted and is stuck to an ugly stand. And its very expensive so I eventually came to my senses and got the 77' CX.

If you don't want a 77'' OLED as thats too small, Samsung and Sony have bigger 85 inch panels with inferior image quality but superior size and brightness. Sony's go for 8000-9000 and would be my pick over Samsung.

But I'd still get the 77 CX/GX/AG9 over the 85'' LCD as the difference in size isn't huge but the difference in PQ is (especially at bigger sizes where issues become more obvious).

If you have your heart set on a 95+ inch image, just get an ALR projection screen and a projector. I suggest the Epson 9400 for 2.5k which is a light cannon in its non HDR mode and will impress.

However no projectors have HDMI 2.1 if thats a killer feature for you.. in which case I'd suggest CX/GX for 4 HDMI 2.1 ports.
Thanks for that
Yes I'd want hdmi 2.1 in a projector and you're right about the lg TVs, they're great but as I already have a 75" tv it would not be much of an upgrade though the pq would be better I know.
I'll have to wait I guess but thanks for your input - much appreciated .

Thanks for that
Yes I'd want hdmi 2.1 in a projector and you're right about the lg TVs, they're great but as I already have a 75" tv it would not be much of an upgrade though the pq would be better I know.
I'll have to wait I guess but thanks for your input - much appreciated .

yeah if u dont care about PQ, stick with ur current TV.

if u do want an upgrade in PQ/HDR, then obviously the upgrade to OLED could be astronomical but is not going to improve immersion as 2 inches is nothing in TV standards at this size.

I think you are selecting wrong TV. Go with other brand & specifications because these are not too much good specifications as you required

We use a 98" Viewsonic panel in a conference room. 4K youtube streams looks amazing.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom