Question 100 hz Refresh Rate - Streaming

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by smcmullan88, Dec 7, 2018 at 7:58 AM.

1. smcmullan88

smcmullan88
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am stuck on what TV to get at the moment. I have read over the guides on here (Very helpful) and I am now even confusing myself more. Budget was initially 500-600 so I had looked at the HisenseU7A and the Philips Ambilight models (55 inch). I then seen the lower Samsung and Sony models at 600 or 650 and thought maybe it would be worth going a bit extra for one of these.

Then I seen everyone talking about the Samsung UE55NU8000 - best price I can see is 729 from John Lewis. My question with this is I see the NU8000 has a refresh rate of 100hz. Would i notice a real benefit from this? My TV main use would be watching football (Some of it streamed at 1080), Netflix and PS4 with HDR. Just wondering if it is worth pushing the boat out for this (albeit a rather more expensive than had hoped)

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 8:14 AM
  2. zeppelino

zeppelino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +595
    Given your uses I’d say the NU8000 is worth the premium over the others.