1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100 HZ buzzing on Philips 32Pw9617

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by neilah, Mar 15, 2003.

1. neilah

neilah
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whenever I change from Pixel Plus to 100HZ mode eg for watching footie or poorer transmittion Sky channels, I get an audible buzzing from the back of my set. I can hear it from my viewing position 2.5m away with the volume at normal levels. Anyone else out there have this same problem? I get no buzzing in pixel plus mode.

This is my second set and I got the same problem with the first one. I know that Sony TVs tend to have this problem on 100Hz but I haven't heard too many buzzing complaints for Philips pixel plus models. I find double line mode unwatchable for football as I get the most digital smearing with this mode and hence 100Hz is the only option. Since I watch tonnes of sport this is a big issue for me.

Have I got another faulty set or is this something I have to put up with for 100Hz? Only other option I have is to swap for FQ80 as the FX66 is like gold dust now. Help and opinions would be appreciated.

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it sounds like it's faulty. 100Hz is silent to all intents and purposes (just like all other modes) even with the sound muted. I'm also surprised you're getting smearing with Double Lines... if you can put up with the flicker it has a superb pictuer on my set, no artefacts/smearing other than those introduced by heavy MPEG compression.

3. lespaton

lespaton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed, no problems with my set.