100 Hz - almost there.

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by cygnusx04, May 2, 2007.

Tags:
  1. cygnusx04

cygnusx04

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Seems like the new 100Hz sets like the panny and tosh are a big improvement for SD feeds. Having initially decided i was going to get the latest 32" sammy, i'm now considering the 100hz models from tosh and panny.

However as is normally the case with this ever changing technology, i'm hearing reports that 100hz is no good for games playing! :mad:

Do these sets have a game mode where the refresh rate can be dropped to 60 or 50hz for a better games playing experience?

comments?

2. stormy

stormy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +304
    I was wondering the exact same thing, if on the Sony D3000 series the 100hz is a user configurable option or if its always on....

Mike

3. h0stile

h0stile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not good for games? how come? 100Hz should mean that you could benefit from higher frame rate, if the game you are playing runs smoothly. 50Hz, combined with a higher frame rate should result in tearing. the same thing happens of lcd monitors when you don't turn v-sync on and the frame rate is higher than the refresh rate, so I'd say that 100Hz is something to be desired for gaming.

4. SquintingBadger

SquintingBadger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Depends on what the 100Hz does, since the source will be at half that it has to add information and how well it does this depends on the process involved. In short, ignore 'is 100Hz anygood' and go for 'Is the 100Hz mode on this particular set any good'.

5. Lewis123

Lewis123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Now the thing is, Ive seen the new Samsungs in action, and whist they dont advertise as being 100Hz, from what Ive seen they must be, as the motion on them is really fluid. So dont discount the 32" Sammy just yet.

6. rjtd

rjtd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

They only do interpolation.
    The 100Hz thing consists in interpolation combined with a higher refresh rate.