1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

100/ 50Hz Sony puzzle

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by ccaatt, Jan 3, 2003.

1. ccaatt

ccaatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wandering around my local John Lewis's (I want a 28" to replace an old 14"!) and noticed two similar TV's - Sony KV28EW20 and the KD28DX40 (iDTV) The salesman told me that the difference between the two was that the KV28EW20 is missing the digital circuits of the KVDX40, both are 50hz according to specs in shop.

However after comparing the two it seemed to me that the picture on the KD28DX40 looked very 'smooth' very much more like the 100hz sets in the store than the analogue signal KV28EW20 (looked like a typical 50Hz picture) I looked at other sets that were connected to sky but their pictures as you would expect (50hz looking sky pictures from 50hz sets)

Are all integrated digital TV's like this? If an external digital signal from a set top box was supplied to the KV28EW20 would the picture be similar? Or is the KD28DX40 50/100 switching?

Cheers
    Lionel :)

2. Stiesto

Stiesto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im not sure whether an internal tuner or an external skybox offer any difference in picture quality. It may just be down to the DX40 having a better picture.

However, I can tell you that the DX40 isn't a 50/100hz switching model. It's just a straight 50hz one.