1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10 Years of Multi-sat analogue, I now want Digital!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by JPC, Feb 3, 2002.

1. JPC

JPC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI
    I have had an Echostar SR 8700 Multi-satellite system with 1.2 meter dish for ten years now, and I wish to up grade to Digital Multi-satellite......

Can anyone out there recommend a Multi satellite Digital Receiver and LNB.... please?

Also can anyone tell me if Turkish Digital Television still produce the excellent Music and dance programs they used to have on analogue up to about 4 years ago?

There used to be a sort of Coronation Street of Turkish TV centered around a Night Club!...... that was on very regularly.

Does anyone out there remember it?

I still have video recordings of it that I never tire of watching!

Regards JOHN P C ;)

2. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got a humax 5400, came with a free LNB, I don't watch turkish TV so can't comment on that.

Although I only have an 80 cm dish I can see quite a few chennels (although many are ofcourse scrambled).

The Humax has built in positioning for quite a few sats, but the handbook is not very clear, so you have to know how to tune in the TV & radio stations.

What I really like is the optical output, goes straight to my sony amp. Radio 4 in digital nice and clear.