10 Year Old CYP HDMI Splitters, Sonos Arc, Philips 21.9 TV & Apple TV4K

MSW

Distinguished Member
My set up currently is

Apple TV to a CYP HDMI with

1 HDMI output going to an old 21.9 TV &
1 HDMI output going to a cheap HDMI to Optical Audio Swith and then an Optical cable going to a Sonos Soundbar

I wish to replace the Sonos Soundbar with a Sonos Arc by

Apple TV 4K to CYP HDMI splitter with

1 HDMI output going to the TV &
1 HDMI output going to the Sonos Arc

Anyone have any idea if this would actually work and, if the signal that was sent to the Arc via the HDMI splitter would actually contain the Dolb Atmos Signal.

Thanks for any help, advice, Input etc

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Unfortunately it won't work - the 'HDMI' Input on the SONOS ARC requires a connection to an ARC or preferably eARC TV before it is enabled.

The HDFury Arcana offers a work around where your TV is not eARC enabled and you have an HD/uncompressed Atmos capable Source device you wish to connect to the SONOS ARC.

Joe

MSW

Distinguished Member
Unfortunately it won't work - the 'HDMI' Input on the SONOS ARC requires a connection to an ARC or preferably eARC TV before it is enabled.

The HDFury Arcana offers a work around where your TV is not eARC enabled and you have an HD/uncompressed Atmos capable Source device you wish to connect to the SONOS ARC.

Joe

Thank you, exactly the solution I need or, buy a new TV of course

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
New TV with eARC plus support for HD and Atmos audio via its HDMI Inputs is an option.

Any questions re the HDFury Arcana please do shout.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T/9x Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom