10 Reasons Why High Definition DVD Formats Have Already Failed

rob64

Just had a thought ( rare event ). Flash memory , currently up to 12 gb. potential of 137gb .How long before flash gets up to 30gb ish . Bomb proof . I am sure one day, not too far in the future, we will laugh at shiney disks . Content on a computer at point of sale ie." video shop ", "tesco" etc. Transfered to flash device in minutes . No moving parts anywhere .Closer than you think !
http://www.compactflash.org/faqs/faq.htm

Think "i tunes " for films but same quality as hd and bingo ! i reckon 2 or 3 years tops .
Not a chance... you can download a song in a reasonable amount of time on today's broadband connections.

But a 30gb movie? Not anytime soon.

I don't want optical discs to die. If everything is online then what happens if they force people living in the UK to watch edited or screwed-around-with UK versions of films (think missing headbutts from Matrix or stupid over-dubbing on Dreamworks animated films).

A law needs to be put in place to protect our (rapidly dimishing) digital rights before this is allowed to happen.

Faust

Uruloke said:
What TV have you got? If your watching on a CRT then I suppose that's fair enough. But on a HDTV...

If you had scrolled through the thread you will see that I have a Panny Plasma 42" PX60 and viewing from ten feet away the PQ is as much as I ever want - simply stunning Sky or Freeview.

Uruloke

Faust said:
If you had scrolled through the thread you will see that I have a Panny Plasma 42" PX60 and viewing from ten feet away the PQ is as much as I ever want - simply stunning Sky or Freeview.
Ah, you're 10 feet away, fair enough, and plasma's do a better job on SD footage than LCD's (so I've been told). I still think you'll notice a big difference if you viewed HD content in your home though. Good choice with the Panasonic by the way! :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom