10 metre scart????

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by grant, Nov 3, 2005.

1. grant

grant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, i have just bought a 37" philips lcd tv and i have mounted it on my bedroom wall. the problem is my sky+ box is in the other corner of the room, so rather than mess around extending the sky leads i thought of just buying a 10m scart to scart. question?; will the length of the cable affect picture quality? and can you reccomend a good quality make of scart i should get??
    THANKS FOR READING THIS AND TAKING TIME TO ANSWER MY QUSTIONS... :thumbsup:

2. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi grant, to be perfectly honest, you'd be better off extending two CT100 coaxial cables with f-type connectors connected to you existing Sky+ cables with couplers than get a 10 meter scart. Of course you can get a scart at this length but for a good quality cable it would be very expensive, signal quality on a very good cable shouldn't be a problem. :thumbsup:

3. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276
    I have a 5m SCART and would not recommend it to anyone and it is from a good make.

4. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would say that has more to do with the cable quality than the length ;)

5. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276
    The cable is good quality (for SCART) in fact is regarded as one of the best available on SCART, it just doesn't work with so many signals going down such a long lead, relatively unscreened. All the other are the same in my experience. It is not a criticsm of any one make but the type of lead, just like Svideo isn't recommended for long leads whereas composite is potentially much more resistant to long leads.

6. grant

grant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what exactley would i need to extend my sky+ leads??? :confused:

7. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At the moment you have two cables coming in with an F-type connector on each one I assume. Basically you need two lengths of cable (5 meters ?) preferably CT100 for quality. You then need a total of four 'f-type' connectors on the ends of the two runs of cable. Finally you need two 'couplers', these basically join two f-type connectors together. This in my opinion would be a better option for both quality and cost :thumbsup:

8. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,276
    Much better solution and cheaper

9. grant

grant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reply mate i did as you said but could only get b&q stuff(tower satalite cable or some thing) i think its cheap rubbish though as the picture is not its full potential. if i was to use ct100 would that be better and ifso any idea where to get it??? :lease:

10. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi grant, make sure it is a high quality screened cable, you might have got some cheap unscreened string which is being pawned off as 'satellite compatible' ;)