• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

10 day stabilisation period, is it nonsense?

Veni Vidi Vici

Does anyone know if the 10 day settling in period for BT Infinity actually does anything? Do BT actually test the line throughout that 10 day period, what happens that effects the speed? My Infinity was installed about 7 days ago and have gradually slowed down every day until it was unusable.

When I contacted BT they said it was in the 10 day period and there was nothing they can do?

Last edited:

graystreet

When I had mine installed a few weeks ago my speed didn't really change from when it was first installed, but from what I've read I was possibly one of the luckier ones...

I'm pretty sure they won't do anything until the 10 day period is up so that the DLM can sort out the best speed for your line.

Have you tried running the BTwholesale speed test here:

BTW Performance Test

After it's run the first part of the test, click on the "Further Diagnostics " button, enter your phone number when prompted and it'll eventually tell you what the profile speed of your line is.

Compare that to what you're actually getting.

beerhunter

Distinguished Member
Does anyone know if the 10 day settling in period for BT Infinity actually does anything? Do BT actually test the line throughout that 10 day period, what happens that effects the speed?
No testing as such is done. The line is monitored and the readings saved.

Until that is done, BT do not know what the norm is for your line and so will not entertain any speed queries until it has completed

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom