10 channel amplifier for music distribution

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Rajibear, May 5, 2016.

1. Rajibear

Rajibear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

My apartment has 5 sets of stereo speakers (2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms and the lounge). All wiring is back to a central cupboard. I currently have a squeezebox touch connected to a parasound z amp connected to one of the stereo pairs. I am looking for a high quality multi channel amp with at least 5 stereo channels (6 would come in handy for expansion). I would like to connect my network streamer of choice (initially the squeezebox) and be able to select via remote or app the channels the music should play through. One day it may be the bedroom the other day I would like to have gentle music in the whole apartment.

I have seen NAD's CI solutions. Are there any others that you recommend?
    Thanks
    Raji

2. Member 581642

Member 581642
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,501
    5 x Sonos Connect:Amps for even greater flexibility

3. Rajibear

Rajibear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They can all be synced to play the same music in every room. Is it a good implementation. Sometimes with the squeezeboxes you get a slight delay between rooms. Also do you know if they take 5 individual streams from the music source (TIDAL for example) or does it replicate it over the internal network?

4. Member 581642

Member 581642
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,501
    Yes can be synced, always perfect no lags

If the source is a networked enabled (NAS) source then yes 5 individual streams

5. hati

hati

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    While Sonos is probably still best multiroom system others may have additional functions that may make them more preferable solution, LG for example has battery powered speaker that you can use in balcony/terrace, Yamaha has receivers (with and without AV) that work as part of multiroom network and so on. If there is only need for music then Sonos probably wins but if you want to integrate system with AV receiver then look at Yamaha (which also allows attaching battery powered speakers through bluetooth) and their MusicCast. And there is also Denon with its Heos system that has devices which connect stereo speakers as part of multiroom system.

6. Member 581642

Member 581642
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,501
    The problem with some of the systems above is the synchronisation between zones , heos is the closest to Sonos in this respect