stevegreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Flickr pages got to over 10k views today. Kind of a landmark for me. I know some images probably have that many views alone, but in under 12 months I'm quite chuffed.

Thanks for looking :thumbsup:

Whats your current views count if you have a Flickr account?

Well done Steve! :thumbsup: So far 7,346 views for me. I've had my account for over a year so not on the same dizzy heights are you are doing.

:thumbsup:

Nice one steve - 10000 happy viewers.

I have 1792 views since the 2nd March. Don't think i'll keep that up, most of the views probably come from people on here, and people from my workplace.

I don't get many comments, probably because I don't submit to many groups. However, I do find that the comments I get are from random people. I assume they come from the 'everybodies pictures' section, because they are posted within seconds of them being uploaded.

Anyway, 10k is a milestone, and one which I would like to achieve :)

My Flickr pages got to over 10k views today. Kind of a landmark for me. I know some images probably have that many views alone, but in under 12 months I'm quite chuffed.

Thanks for looking :thumbsup:

Whats your current views count if you have a Flickr account?

Well done :thumbsup: I am currently on 3,026 views

I am sorry to spoil your day, your view counter can be boosted by simply logging out and going to your site or page. Now all you got to do is press F5 10,000 times and that will do it for you. :nono:

I am sorry to spoil your day, your view counter can be boosted by simply logging out and going to your site or page. Now all you got to do is press F5 10,000 times and that will do it for you. :nono:

I think you'll find that it doesn't include your own views. ;)

Holy Moses!

I tested the theory of refreshing to see the effect on page hits, and it didn;t seem to make any difference. I got a few hits, which I assume are people clicking on my link from my recent posts here.

Anyway, I refreshed 20 times.

Just went back to make sure there were not 20 extra views... there wasn't, I now have 1933 views. Thats about 140 more than I had 15 minutes ago.

Explain that.

30 seconds later I have 1956. It could be everybody in my workplace checking out photos of the golf challenge I had with the IT dept yesterday though ;) (I won with 35 points :D)

I think you'll find that it doesn't include your own views. ;)

You sign out! that meens you don't have your own views. Try it out on a random image with low views, check the number of views before you sign out. Now press F5 a few times say 5 - 10 so you will see a change. Now sign back in and there you go an cheap and false increase on your views. :nono:

You sign out! that meens you don't have your own views. Try it out on a random image with low views, check the number of views before you sign out. Now press F5 a few times say 5 - 10 so you will see a change. Now sign back in and there you go an cheap and false increase on your views. :nono:

How sad would you have to be to sign out, hit refresh to boost thew views you have, especially considering that only you can see the total :confused:

Holy Moses!

I tested the theory of refreshing to see the effect on page hits, and it didn;t seem to make any difference. I got a few hits, which I assume are people clicking on my link from my recent posts here.

Anyway, I refreshed 20 times.

Just went back to make sure there were not 20 extra views... there wasn't, I now have 1933 views. Thats about 140 more than I had 15 minutes ago.

Explain that.

that may have been me!:rolleyes: just to prove my point. Sorry! on the other hand I have noticed that a refresh and a F5 refresh can have different figures. In a way its right your pages are getting viewed its just false on how someone is doing it.

Maybe I should get my coat.:smashin:

So very nearly a bandit!!!

Strong words Mr Green. :mad: ;)

It was actually a very silly thing to do. The annual work golf comp is coming up in June, and if the handicap secretary gets wind of it, I'm in big trouble. It was actually a very good score considering it was the first 18 i've played in 6 months and it was on a very windy links course.

Still, a very nice gross birdy on the tricky 6th hole netted 4 points :smashin:

That's good going - I'm on a paltry 590 photos / 4,286 views since June last year.

Mind you, we've all got some way to go to beat rebekka who's got over 3 million (!!!!).

Strong words Mr Green. :mad: ;)

It was actually a very silly thing to do. The annual work golf comp is coming up in June, and if the handicap secretary gets wind of it, I'm in big trouble. It was actually a very good score considering it was the first 18 i've played in 6 months and it was on a very windy links course.

Still, a very nice gross birdy on the tricky 6th hole netted 4 points :smashin:

He can't cut an inder par round unless he's being particularly nasty (also unless he only takes 16 holes in consideration :eek:)

I have not had a round in ages, too busy taking silly photographs! :laugh:

Oh, and back on topic........3 million :eek:

5,180. That is since October since before then I had forgotten my login details! Must upgrade to a pro account soon. Get some of my older photos back to see if/by how much I have improved.

I win! A total of 60 views! :)

I'm sure it'll pick up when it's been around a while though, I've only been on for about 2 weeks, and I've not really done the group thing that much yet.

Hi ya

262 photos / 1,459 views, joined in Jan so not bad.

But 3 million:eek:

Cheers Holo:smashin: :smashin:

I'm up to 42,013 over 1,438 photos since July 2005... still a ways to go, I suppose :)
I've kind of eaced back on submitting to groups recently - there's just too many groups that post stupid animated icons, or where every comment is a fave, or have mandatory commenting (which reduces the value and content of the comment)... or perhaps I've just been on Flickr for too long? :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom