1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 week with the Toshiba 32WL58

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by ener1, Jun 21, 2005.

1. ener1

ener1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    For what its worth i give my opinion about this LCD televison. This is not a technical observation but merely what my wife and myself think of the image quality.

We used to have a Hitachi 32PD3000 Plasma but prefer the image quality of LCD. The choice was the toshiba because we liked the design and 32" is just right for our livingroom on top of that the price was reasonable.

We were impressed by the quality of the image both from SKY+ and through HDMi DVD. I think the image quality is a bit more vivid and contrasty than with the plasma screen we had. There is hardly any noise coming from the Toshiba so i really think that some people on this forum were unlucky.

I find the stand as supplied with the Toshiba rather fragile and not very sturdy. I will therefor move the Toshiba onto the wall with a wallbracket that i ordered from a company called Kingmaker.

All in all we are very pleased and impressed with the image quality. We will mainly use the Toshiba for watching DVDs and from time to time SKY+ and eventually HDTV.

I can recommend this television big time.

Ener1

Toshiba 32WL56/Samsung DVD HD850/Pioneer VSXD 1014I/SKY+/Front speakers: Mordaunt SHort 914, Rear Speakers: Mordaunt SHort 302, Subwoofer: Mordaunt Short 308