1 way 2 gang varilight remote dimmer problem

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by larry5, Mar 6, 2005.

1. larry5

larry5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had varilight 1 way 2 gang remote dimmer working fine for over a year and now one of the touch buttons has stopped working, though other is ok. Had a poke around with electrical screwdriver to check what was live and when i put it in slave terminal light went on, even though this terminal not being used. Think it's wired up correctly as it has been working for so long, any clues?

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    No surprise that one works and the other doesn't. These dual gang varilights use two separate dimming controllers.

Check your wiring first. The dimmer should be on the live side of the circuit - i.e. Live feed from lighting main > dimmer switch live terminal, then the Load terminal connects to the light to be dimmed. The final connection from the light makes the circuit back to the Neutral of the lighting ring.

If all else fails ring the guys at Varilight and arrange for the dimmer to go back to them for reset/repair.

Regards