• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

1 speaker higher than other

frankie13

due to my room my 7.1 right side surround speaker is 12 inches higher than the left will this be ok after i run ypao calibration

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Should not be too much of an issue since they are surround speakers. Also assuming they are a reasonable distance away from the seated location the sound will have dispersed anyway making it less of an issue as well.

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
I'll second what PSM1 has said. We all make some compromises because of circumstances. We do the best we can with what we have. Based on the limited information you have given us, you done the best under the circumstances.

Keep in mind that SETUP is going to listen to each speaker and adjust the volume accordingly to bring the speakers in balance at the Prime Seating or Microphone location. So to some extent, SETUP can compensate for a difference in the speakers.

For what it is worth.

Steve/bluewizard

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom