1 Sky+ box separate rooms? Help

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by KevinR, Apr 22, 2002.

1. KevinR

KevinR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK i've decided to stump up the £350 to have Sky+ installed. However I have a 25" TV in the living room and will soon have an all singing all dancing HCPC, projector (Panasonic AE100 whenever the damn things arrive), AV processor + amp, 5.1 speaker set up in the 'dining' room.

What I would like is to have the Sky+ box in the living room recording the usual favourites for normal viewing but then be able to unplug it, take to the dining room and connect it to the 'proper' cinema to enjoy big screen, sound etc.

What are my options? Can I run long leads from the Sky box and not have to move it or do I run two separate feeds from the dish. I rang Sky and obviously because my request didn't fit in with the norm I was told this was not possible, which seemed a bit strange as I assume they do this if you are relocating a Sky digital box.

Is there anyone else out there who runs a normal TV setup plus a home cinema using one Sky receiver?

2. andyk

andyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +166
    I have run a coax cable from the RF out of my Sky box to another room to give me the ability to watch the tuned channel in the dining room.

You obviously can't change the channel or anything, but it's useful if I want to banish the children from the lounge to watch cartoons or something while I do something else in the lounge.

Maybe not what you were after, but thought I'd mention it.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Run the RGB output to one display device and the "S" video to the other. Then you don't have to move the Sky box from one room to another.

Regards

George

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975

I've got SKY+ directly setup to run my little home cinema kit (DD amp, RPTV) and so I can view SKY in another room I use the RF2 output which when used with a TVLink device also allows me full access to the recording functions of SKY+ via the remote.
    Only mono sound but the picture is very good considering its' not RGB or s-video, certainly good enough for a 28" 4:3 set.

5. KevinR

KevinR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks everyone. Its a shame Sky themselves can't offer this level of help. Maybe they'd sell a few more...