1 scart in, 2 outputs, 1 scart & 1 component??

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by LFCRules, Mar 9, 2005.

1. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Hi all,

My set-up is now looking and sounding very nice :cool: . But I have one last piece of the jigsaw which I am not sure how to solve. I have the following connected together:

DVD -> Projector (10m HDMI)
    XBOX -> AV Amp -> Projector (M$ component leads & 10m Component, one of Mark Grant's specials, V. good!)
    NTL -> TV (1.5m RGB Scart)

For both the DVD and XBOX, I already have scart cables connected to the TV. DVD can swap between the 2 video outputs, HDMI/RGB, with the touch of a button. For the XBOX, which I use least, I just have to switch cables at the XBOX, which is easy enough.

However, what I would like to do is be able to get my NTL output to be sent to the TV as it is now, and have a "switch" to be able to send it via the AV AMP to the projector as well. I'd only have light use of the projector for TV, just for footie and rugby games. The TV and projector would never be in use at the same time. I'd also want to use the AV Amp to do the switching as well.

So in the ideal world, I would need a switch with a 1 RGB Scart in, and a Scart out and component out. I haven't found such a device. So I am struggling. What are my options? :confused:

Cheers

Andy

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,126
    LFCRules

You'll need two boxes:

1 x B-Tech Quintro SCART switch - this provides Two RGB Outputs from your source.

+

1 x JS Technology RGB2YUV converter to convert the second RGB Output from the Quintro to YUV to send to your AV Receiver.

Best regards

Joe

3. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
  4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,126
    Hello Andy

That's the one - B-Tech products are sold by many places; often re branded.

We sell a few a year - though the price B-Tech charge to Trade customers for one off orders is higher than Keene retail them at; who said the AV Business isn't nuts!!!

Best regards

Joe

5. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Cheers Joe :smashin:

6. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Finally took the plunge on this, and had everything delivered yesterday (just waiting for another Mark Grant cable to complete the loop). Plugged in the TV last night to the projector to watch the Newcastle game, and it was a lot better picture than I had expected. I still need to tweak the projector setting to get the best picture, but I have the DVE disc to do that.

Just a quick thanks for Joe for his advice :smashin: . Keene Electronics and Letsautomate.com for speedy next day delivery :thumbsup: . And Mark Grant for the impending delivery of another superb cable :clap:

That's it now with my kit, all set-up and connected up. Just waiting for upgradtitis to kick in so I can upgrade it all again :devil: :devil: :devil:

Cheers

Andy