1 quick question

Sandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am trying to solve a problem I have with my SKY HD box which is connected to my receiver by HDMI. My Blu-Ray player is also connected to the receiver with HDMI and then there is 1 HDMI cable between the receiver and the TV.
The problem is when I select "watch sky" activity I get a solid blue screen on the TV. This is a problem with the HD box and the samsung tv and is a "handshake" issue. To solve the problem I need to power on the TV first, then the receiver then the Sky Box. I also need to make sure the receiver is set to "sat/cab" before the sky box is turned on. I have changed the order devices are turned on but I am not sure when the input commands are sent? Also once the receiver is on the sky box is turning on too quickly. The sky box is being sent its power on command before the receiver is ready to accept an input. How do I adjust the time between turning on the receiver and turning on the sky box?
Thanks

You specify the order in which power on commands are to be sent and they are then sent in that order in rapid succession separated only by their inter-device delays. Each has a power-on delay which starts at the time its power-on command is sent and after that delay its input command is sent.
The problem is an unusual one and I don't see changes on those delays being able to fix it. It wouldn't happen if you begin a session by starting a different activity, as then the other devices would already be on before you selected the activity that turns on the Sky receiver.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom