1 per centers party crasher.!

Hatred is a rather strong word, but certainly I do feel anger and despair at the current balance of wealth in the world.
In the UK, the majority of people are working hard and still struggle, yet there are multi millionaires and billionaires driving cars worth more than most peoples houses.

Clearly not true...

I know some will have very different opinions and arguments for and against the wealthy etc, but I am not interested in going over all that again, this post is merely to express why I personally feel the way I do about the '1%' who have more than they could ever need while others struggle to find food.

As a reminder, when you were in the top 1% (or approaching that level) what did you do to support others?

I wouldn't think many at all, but seeing as I don't have a list of them all and haven't done background research on them I can't comment more than just a thought.

Just another demonstration about how little you know!

Clearly not true...

As a reminder, when you were in the top 1% (or approaching that level) what did you do to support others?

Ah, a strangled question.

At one time we had an asset millionaire on here who helped and supported others. As he is no longer posting (for some reason) he can't give his subjective opinion.

... Mind you, if he did he would have been shot down in flames. Happy days.

Ah, a strangled question.

At one time we had an asset millionaire on here who helped and supported others. As he is no longer posting (for some reason) he can't give his subjective opinion.

... Mind you, if he did he would have been shot down in flames. Happy days.

1) the asset millionaire that (I think) you are referring to did very little (relatively) to support others but did vociferously give his opinion that other people (plenty of whom were much less wealthy than him) should do more

2) the question is directed at TB given his recent opinions about what the 1% need / should do, when (according) to previous posts he was in or close to the 1% level in the past.

:smashin:

Just another demonstration about how little you know!

Well obviously ya fudgeing loon or I wouldn't have put the non-bold part of my text in?

Instead of trying to be a smart ****, and failing, why not point me in the direction of a list of the top 1% and I'll start research?

Well obviously ya ****ing loon or I wouldn't have put the non-bold part of my text in?

Instead of trying to be a smart ****, and failing, why not point me in the direction of a list of the top 1% and I'll start research?

You want a list of 420,000 people
:confused:

The entry point to being in the top 1% of earners is less than 100k. With around 420k people in that category.

In the UK perhaps, I thought we were talking about the 'top' 1% given the original post?

Well given that you don't even appear to know what income you require to get into the 1% you're hardly speaking from a strong starting point.

Despite me asking a perfectly reasonable question, you were unable to provide a credible response, so my conclusions were inevitable.....

I've not looked into the 'top 1%' to look at what would be an entry requirement, I've already said that I haven't researched those people contained within the top 1% and that my 'thoughts' were exactly that, thoughts. Not based on fact. Can you comprehend text on a screen?!

I don't see the need to justify any details of my person to a complete stranger, feel free to fill me in on your details though and I'll reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol I don't even know where to begin with your comments!

You're misunderstanding me if you think I'm angry towards the folks dressing up in dresses etc I think it's pathetic, I'm not angry about it. I'm angered by the history of (most of) the rich and how they have come into their wealth and 'power'

Have never been inducted in any group so don't have a clue. I certainly wouldn't feel the need to try and be inducted to a group who felt they were of a higher worth than me to an extent they feel they could watch me 'audition' to be amongst their ranks.

Most people's lives are spent auditioning. They even audition to themselves :) I'm not sure why you think its pathetic. I pity them, but not for dressing up.

What do you believe this 'history' of the rich is ?

To me they have entered a zero sum game. Probably why there have been some recent high profile suicides amongst bankers.

These people aren't the 1% anyway. As Sidicks said they are probably in a far more rarified group, although still not the very top of the pyramid.

I don't think someone earning 100k has "more than they would ever need". Of course by definition being in the top 1% it is much more than most people, but it isn't as if people in that category are wiping their arse with tenners.

There reference to '1%' is to the article in the OP - those Wall Street multi millionairs and billionairs.
As someone mentioned it is probably more accurate to say 0.1% or even 0.01%
I am not refering to people who earn £100k in salary, more those that earn that in a week or even a day.

My humblest, I'm discussing the folks of the original topic as well, stupid me.

Will have more than they ever need? Really? Honestly?

Totally the wrong attitude to me. We need to strive to help others to attain a standard of living they desire. Not bring others that exceed that down a peg or two ;)

Again, I didn't post to argue, merely to state my position.

A billionare has more money that he or she will EVER need*.

* need being in the real sense rather than a subjective "I need a £50 million diamond studded toilet seat to feel worthy of accepting my poo's"

You may well feel that's 'the wrong attitude' - and you are entitled to your opinion, but that is not mine.

I've not looked into the 'top 1%' to look at what would be an entry requirement, I've already said that I haven't researched those people contained within the top 1% and that my 'thoughts' were exactly that, thoughts. Not based on fact. Can you comprehend text on a screen?!

So to be clear, you know nothing about what it takes to be on the top 1% in the Uk.

But you still feel that the majority don't deserve to be there...
:rotfl:

I don't see the need to justify any details of my person to a complete stranger, feel free to fill me in on your details though and I'll reply.

Fair enough. It might have explained why you aren't in the top 1%...

Again, I didn't post to argue, merely to state my position.

* need being in the real sense rather than a subjective "I need a £50 million diamond studded toilet seat to feel worthy of accepting my poo's"

You may well feel that's 'the wrong attitude' - and you are entitled to your opinion, but that is not mine.

Perhaps you need to differentiate between the top 1% (£100k salary) and billionaires.....!

Luckily my life is valuable in ways beyond earnings and bank balances, for your sake I hope you've got a fraction of my life value.

So why are you so worried about the 1% or 0.01% then....?

Have I ever expressed 'worry'? I'm concerned more by your inability to understand basic sentences on your screen.

Perhaps you need to differentiate between the top 1% (£100k salary) and billionaires.....!

Again - it's in reference to the article in the OP not UK top 1% salaries.

Just to be absolutely clear - I am talking about people who's salaries and personal assets make them worth above £10 million*.

* A some what arbitrary figure I chose based upon what I would consider being able to achieve a VERY comfortable lifestyle without any real wants or needs relative to the cost of living and expectations of the average UK citizen.
You and others may disagree, but again, that's my position - call it ideological if you wish.

Last edited:
No point in trying to make sidicks understand TB, anything posted is clearly passing him by.

But the fact is this isn't representative of the vast majority of the 'top 1%' so is extremely misleading / misrepresentative.

No point in trying to make sidicks understand TB, anything posted is clearly passing him by.

Says the person who admits he knows nothing about what being in the top 1% even means....
:suicide:

Says the person who admits he knows nothing about what being in the top 1% even means....
:suicide:

Can you quote the part that I said 'I know nothing about what being in the top 1% even means' please

Someone who has a billion pounds in liquid assets has more money than they realistically ever need but most billionaires have the bulk of their wealth in non liquid form and the only way to realise this fantastic wealth is to liquidise it. This directly relates to wealth disparity because spreading this illiquid wealth generally led to inconsistent results and in the case of 21st century companies in particular, it is practically impossible to do.

It does you no favours to omit this detail as I think you know full well that it is the major stumbling block to attempted equality.

Can you quote the part that I said 'I know nothing about what being in the top 1% even means' please

Combine the following:

I wouldn't think many at all, but seeing as I don't have a list of them all and haven't done background research on them I can't comment more than just a thought.

A fair bit wealthier than I!

Well obviously ya ****ing loon or I wouldn't have put the non-bold part of my text in?

:hiya:

Just to be absolutely clear - I am talking about people who's salaries and personal assets make them worth above £10 million*.

* A some what arbitrary figure I chose based upon what I would consider being able to achieve a VERY comfortable lifestyle without any real wants or needs relative to the cost of living and expectations of the average UK citizen.
You and others may disagree, but again, that's my position - call it ideological if you wish.

If you could influence the Government to distribute the money and assets then you would. That's exactly the same game the OP is accusing the 1% of. Somehow you have the idea that its fairer.

To give an example:

If I bought a 40 million pound winning lottery ticket and you offered me £100 for it because I only paid a pound for it would you expect me to do that deal ?I don't need 40 million quid but why should anyone else be able to lay claim to it ?

It isn't the amount of money someone has got that means anything, its how they came by it. I could be a pauper and come round and nick your X box. I can say that I deserve it. I have nothing and you have a room full of stuff and a weekly income.

Its either production or predation.

I'm not about to accuse all the bankers in that picture of the latter. Half of them might just be beneficiaries of predation in the same way as someone on benefit can get away without working. Its just the way it is. One of the greens that sits on Boris Johnson's assembly was on Keiser today. She was complaining at Russel Brand for encouraging people not to vote. The reason :

" you are stupid if you don't vote because that's how you make sure money gets allocated to the right people"

I will amend that: " that's how you make sure you steal more of someone else's money than they steal from you"

If you're worried about the billionaires, then shouldn't you re-label this thread as being about the Top 0.00002%....
:(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom