1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 PC, 2 Ipods, can it be done?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by bek, May 10, 2005.

Tags:
  1. bek

bek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking of changing from a sony hd3 to an ipod. However my other half already uses an ipod on my pc, so would it be possible to add another ipod, we would want different music on each player.

We use different logons on windows, which I think means we can have separate itunes libraries.

Ratings: would I have to have the same ratings for songs as he has, or would that be independent too?

and how about playlists?

Sorry for all of the questions, but I want to be sure before I purchase. If there is anything else you think I should know then please tell me!!

Thanks

2. gerbilly

gerbilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Good decision on moving to the i-pod ;)

Your own i-pod would be fine and there would be no problem with you using two connected to your pc.
    You would probably have to set it to not automatically download from I-Tunes and you would then have to do this manually by creating your own playlist, however if you dont mind it automatically downloading everything then go with that.
    I am unsure as to whether you will be able to have two different ratings for the same song though.

3. mick's cat

mick's cat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having a different user account (ie, logons) means that your iTunes libraries, playlists and ratings are all seperate.

Make sure you download the latest version of iTunes (just out - version 4.8) and any iPod updates before you put the new iPod on to your computer.

4. gerbilly

gerbilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    sorry never noticed the seperate log in, yep should be as the Cat said.

5. bek

bek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys, its definitely looking like the only option as my sony is driving me mad, the software now doesn't work at all, so I am going to try to return it to where I bought it and swap it for an ipod. Wish me luck!