1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 or 2 speakers not dipole ot bipole?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Gadjet, Jun 15, 2002.

1. Gadjet

Gadjet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I know this question has been asked often but only understanable by experianced and knowladgeable members. The question is my room is only 12" by 12", so will I benefit from having 2 speakers for rear centre. If poeple say 2, well what do you loose from having one.
    I live too far away to go for demenstartions, no retail close so I cannot go for sample.
    Do I purchase 2 speakers or one for my Pioneer AX-10, which I am still waiting for.
    Help is much appreciated, and will be used for my decision to spend extar money on another speaker,(speakers are Tannoy Mercury 2.5 all around)

Cheers phill

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Hi

The Pioneer AX10 has THX Ultra 2 Movie & Music modes which you cannot select unless you have two rear centre speakers.

Personally, I´d have the two speakers and position them as close together as possible. Works very well in my setup.

It really comes down to personal preference, some like two speakers, others prefer one. Shame you cant demo to hear the difference.