• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question 1 or 2 outputs to sub

bmkev

Morning

My sub is located in a place that I'm lucky to have it yet alone be able to move it so it has to stay put.
My dilemma is, at the moment I'm just running it off one sub out put from my Denon amp. This goes into the Inuke which is set to duel mono.
Considering the subs location within the alcove, and that one driver is against a wall and the other is half exposed. Would I be better off letting the XT32 run both sub outputs from the Denon to the Inuke. Effectively tuning them as individuals as the Inuke would then be configured as receiving two inputs. I can only assume as although the sub is configured as duel apposed, considering its location, size and distance between the drivers, I may be getting quite a big difference in response from each.

What do you reckon guys? or should i just leave it alone? sounds quite immense as i'm sure you can understand :)

Picture of room included :)

Attachments

• IMG_0980.JPG
    IMG_0980.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 39

bmkev

Try it, and let your ears decide

I was going to explore this route but thought to ask here first. My main concern is that the sub was designed as duel apposed. If go the 2 sub output route then the sub(s) will/maybe working as individuals. Am I going to introduce extra vibrations etc into the cabinet if they are perfectly in tandem?

D

Deleted member 598831

Audy will more than likely eq the subs individually as you rightly say. I know a man who is pretty good with subs, maybe he can shed some light @AudioVisualOnline

markymiles

Distinguished Member
You'll be completely missing the point of dual opposed if you don't have them working perfectly in tandem. Let audyssey/inuke see them as one sub.

bmkev

You'll be completely missing the point of dual opposed if you don't have them working perfectly in tandem. Let audyssey/inuke see them as one sub.

I thought might be the case hence the post.

Cheers for the feedback, I'll leave as is for the time being.

AV COM

AVForums Sponsor
The dual opposed subwoofer is 2 drivers in one cabinet (unless specifically built otherwise). You should only ever treat this as a single subwoofer, both drivers need to be producing the exact same signal or you will end up degrading the quality of output from the unit. Keep the iNuke in dual mono mode, and have Audyssey eq it as a single subwoofer.

bmkev

Decision made :) many thanks for the input. Saves me moving the thing out to get another cable in at least lol

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom