Question 1 Month old Samsung TV, should I be worried?

kristianity77

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I bought a Samsung 65 inch 4K TV about 5 weeks ago from Currys. Its working totally fine so far but have noticed in the last few days or so that its developed a clicking sound coming from the back. Its not speaker related as far as I can tell. It very consistent in its timing, about once per minute. Its only audible when the room is silent but you can easily hear it from 8 feet away so its quite annoying.
I didn't notice this sound when I bought it, only the past few days or so.

Does it sound like anything to worry about? Worth a call to Samsung perhaps?

Sounds like an expansion noise , clicking as it cools down / warms up , what model is it ?

Edit , thinking on , does it do it when stone cold after being off for hours ?

Its a UE65KU6400U.

If i switch it off then it immediately stops. Powering on again it resumes almost straight away. It doesn't sound like an expansion noise (although admittedly i'm no expert). Its more an electrical click I think. The TV I had previously used to have a similar "click" when I turned it on, but only one click when coming out of standby. This is the same sort of click, but once a minute.

Quick , call the bomb disposal squad !!! , just don't cut the red wire !!! , being serious , straight back to curry's to see what they say , they sold it to you , it's their problem to sort it out if your not happy [emoji106]

Quick , call the bomb disposal squad !!! , just don't cut the red wire !!! , being serious , straight back to curry's to see what they say , they sold it to you , it's their problem to sort it out if your not happy [emoji106]
It's worth a call to them to see what they say, but most (including Curry's AFAIK) return policy is 30 days from delivery. If you notice a fault outside of that time, it's generally considered to be the manufacturer's resposibility to solve.

I notice Curry's have an extended return policy on their website for the Christmas period. @kristianity77 When exactly was the TV bought?

It's worth a call to them to see what they say, but most (including Curry's AFAIK) return policy is 30 days from delivery. If you notice a fault outside of that time, it's generally considered to be the manufacturer's resposibility to solve.
Don't think that's correct ....

Don't think that's correct ....
"We will offer either a repair, exchange or refund if the fault occurs within 30 days of purchase (or delivery or installation). If the fault with your product occurs within its guarantee period (normally 12 months from delivery) we will offer you a prompt repair service*. In all cases we reserve the right to inspect the product and verify the fault."

"*Often repairs will be carried out by the manufacturers’ own repair agents with whom we have arrangements in place to ensure your product is repaired by skilled and qualified engineers. If we refer you to such a repair center when you call us, please be assured this is only in the best interest to get you up and running again. If you’re not happy with their service we urge you to let us know."

Source: Terms & conditions | Currys

I notice Curry's have an extended return policy on their website for the Christmas period. @kristianity77 When exactly was the TV bought?

I've had it since 17th November. Yeah I've seen the 30 day thing on their Website that it can just be refunded up until that point if faulty.

I've had it since 17th November. Yeah I've seen the 30 day thing on their Website that it can just be refunded up until that point if faulty.
Great, so well within the return window if you decide you can't live with the clicking. I personally hate extraneous noises coming from electronic devices and would find it difficult to keep it.

Just a sidenote regarding the extended Christmas return policy I mentioned:

"At Christmas time for added peace of mind, you can return your product until 14th January 2017 if purchased between 2nd November and 24th December 2016."

Returns & cancellations | Currys

I bought a Samsung 65 inch 4K TV about 5 weeks ago from Currys. Its working totally fine so far but have noticed in the last few days or so that its developed a clicking sound coming from the back. Its not speaker related as far as I can tell. It very consistent in its timing, about once per minute. Its only audible when the room is silent but you can easily hear it from 8 feet away so its quite annoying.

Sometimes that noise can be the main board at fault. Personally I'd have it collected just exaggerate the fault say it's gone black screen without warning several times too, I had nothing but problems with my last 2 samsungs and opted for an LG oled and never looked back.

Expansion noise usually is a cracking sound on cool-down the clicking is definitely mainboard.

YES phone Samsung Support

I've rang them and they are going to come and collect it. Thing is, I don't know which way to go now for an alternative set. I really want 65 inch, HDR etc and my budget was pretty much maxed with this TV (that was £1200). Is there a better alternative than to just getting a new one of this model?

I've rang them and they are going to come and collect it. Thing is, I don't know which way to go now for an alternative set. I really want 65 inch, HDR etc and my budget was pretty much maxed with this TV (that was £1200). Is there a better alternative than to just getting a new one of this model?

You'll be hard pushed to get 65" other than last years Samsung's - personally I'd go for a better quality 55" I came from a Samsung 65" to LG OLED 55" and kind of glad as the 65" really was too big. At 55" you have more choice - try richer sounds/john lewis if you're being refunded rather than store credit.

Below been getting good reviews and is 65"/ 4K HDR and great price. £799

TVs | K5510 - Hisense

Hisense HE65K5510 UHD 4K TV Review

Hisense HE65K5510UWTS 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD with HDR TV - Black

Last edited:
The 65M7000 is also within budget.

Steves review is just a bit further down the page..

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom