1 Magic eye for Sky+ and SkyD

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by mc1, Dec 11, 2004.

1. mc1

mc1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to position both my Sky+ and my Sky Digital multiroom in the same place but allow magic eye control of both from another room. The upsides outway the loss of the scart connection in the second room.

I would assume the magic eye signal would not pass through the second stb meaning I would need some sort of distribution system.

Basically I need a device that will combine both RF2 out's into a signal output for connection to a magic eye.

Having had a quick look I see digital amplifiers but these state they are for controlling 1 box from multiply Tv's. I assume I couldnt just reverse one of these? the db gain scares me?

Any Ideas?

2. dishdoc

dishdoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    A company called Global distribution make a device that you need, I'll try and find out what its called, and get back to you :thumbsup:

3. dishdoc

dishdoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    The device you require is a global communications plus combiner, and basically you connect the output 2 from both sky+ & sky into it and it allows you to use a remote eye to comtrol both units from a 2nd location.

4. mc1

mc1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks a lot.