1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 and 2 disc editions of new films

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by loadsofleads, Oct 16, 2004.

1. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are many new dvd's coming out in either 1 or 2 disc variety's, the 2 disc with more 'extras' i guess. My question is this, is the picture and sound on the single disc compromised in any way ?
    I'd prefer the 1 disc edition but I am a real stickler for picture quality. I don't like 'extras' anyway, if I eat a big mac, I don't need a documentry of how the cow was slaughtered :D

2. blahblah

blahblah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    superbit dvd's utilise all the space on a disc just for the picture and sound quality thereby theoretically producing a superior disc.That's what your after. Search the forums for more indepth discussions.

3. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many Superbits do in fact NOT utilise all the space on a disc ( Charlies Angels being one example ) its a marketing gimmick but can produce better image quality.

What happens with Superbits is that the high frequencies are not filtered off thus resulting in a better picture with superior detail, not so much about using all the space on a disc as in allowing those high frequencies to be unfiltered.

4. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,295
    With films like X-Men 2, Master and Commander and The Day After Tomorrow, the 2 Disc Editions have the exact same Film Disc as the 1 Disc Edition so there is no difference in the picture quality of the film between the two releases.

5. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
  6. blahblah

blahblah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Thanks for correcting me.At least it started off the discussion of which we all can gleam a bit of info off