1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 amp to drive 2 sets of rear speakers?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Mr Neato, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Mr Neato

Mr Neato
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Sorry if this has been discussed before but couldn't see any links:confused:

Is there an AV reciever where it is possible to drive two sets of rear speakers i.e. a set of dipoles and a set of normal speakers. So it is possible to use just the front, centre and normal rear speakers when listening to SACD/DVD-Audio etc. And then the complete seven speaker system when listening to movies.

Is it a waste of time!!

Any thoughts/guidance/recomendations greatley recieved.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    I've never tried it as I don't have room for 2 sets of surrounds so don't know if it is worth while but my Denon 3802 can have 2 different sets of surround speakers connected, but can only drive 1 set at a time. It is for the DVD-A/SACD & DD/DTS setups according to the manual as multi channel music surrounds should be behind you and DD/DTS surrounds to the side.
    The 3802 has now been replaced by the 3803 (and probably the 3804 will replace that soon), but assume the 3803 can do this as well.

Mark.

3. Mr Neato

Mr Neato
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice.:)

The 3803 was on my list of recievers to auditon, along with the pio and yamaha equivalents.

Any other advice/experience welcomed.:confused: