• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

1.70 update

P

playsixty

I just logged on to my ps3 and there was a update to 1.70 does any1 no what it does? im installing it right now. I couldnt find any info on this update. I also have virtua fighter5 in my ps3 maybe its a update for that.

kevin_irl

Established Member
yeah, just downloaded it myself. Not a huge amount of stuff on it - i'll try and get a list off the ps3 website later..

mwjdavies

Established Member
not too much then, but useful if usuing old controllers for rumble etc.

micks_address

Prominent Member
seems like details are thin in the ground yet, wont be able to check till i get home :( have they added upscaling for dvds., or by any chance done anything to control fan speed i wonder i some wayward ps3s... si the embedded control message still there when you browse to a web page?

seems like details are thin in the ground yet, wont be able to check till i get home :( have they added upscaling for dvds., or by any chance done anything to control fan speed i wonder i some wayward ps3s... si the embedded control message still there when you browse to a web page?

Control for fan speed? I can even hear mine unless im less than a foot away from it..

micks_address

Prominent Member
and it seems like you need a psp to play them?

Tony Hoyle

Prominent Member
The store normally updates on Friday I beleive.

I wouldn't hold your breath for psone games TBH. I'm betting you'll still need a US account to get those.

Thinking about it I suspect that this update has more to do with the hack done earlier in the week than anything scheduled.. they'll have closed that loophole, and everything else is just what was ready for release at the time they finalised it.

cracker

Prominent Member
Downloaded the 1.70 update and all seems fine

Personally I just wish Sony would sort out the damn store so you dont have to add £5 every time. I was 47p short for the purchase of Lemmings this morning and had to add another fiver :mad:

pixels

Prominent Member
Downloaded the 1.70 update and all seems fine

Personally I just wish Sony would sort out the damn store so you dont have to add £5 every time. I was 47p short for the purchase of Lemmings this morning and had to add another fiver :mad:

Tactical pricing, they won't be changing that in a hurry whilst it's making them money.

Can't see the big need to play PS1 games on my PS3. Would be much better getting better PS2 compatibility i think.

Steve-L

Prominent Member
Anybody know exactly which PS1 games (if any) we can look forward to downloading then?

cracker - Perhaps if you credited your wallet with say £20-£30 it would make purchases easier - that way you can just click "buy" until your wallet is empty and needs topping up? :smashin:

Steve-L

Prominent Member
Tactical pricing, they won't be changing that in a hurry whilst it's making them money.

Can't see the big need to play PS1 games on my PS3. Would be much better getting better PS2 compatibility i think.

There are a few I'd like to see again that I foolishly sold on... Kula World, Kurushi etc. :smashin:

cracker

Prominent Member
Anybody know exactly which PS1 games (if any) we can look forward to downloading then?

cracker - Perhaps if you credited your wallet with say £20-£30 it would make purchases easier - that way you can just click "buy" until your wallet is empty and needs topping up? :smashin:

Its not the fact that i have to keep adding funds that is the problem. My issue is that they now have £4.50 of my money (that they wont refund) until i decide to buy something else

If everyone who owns a PS3 has a few quid in their wallet (i.e in sony's bank) then imagine how much interest Sony is making on that :thumbsdow

breadmaker6

Prominent Member

Just don't have any money in your wallet...when you go through to checkout it asks you to add more funds and you can pay the exact amount I believe. Not tried it myself yet, but my mate did it the other night when he bought Tekken DR for a night of beer, pizza and beat em ups! :thumbsup:

cracker

Prominent Member
Just don't have any money in your wallet...when you go through to checkout it asks you to add more funds and you can pay the exact amount I believe. Not tried it myself yet, but my mate did it the other night when he bought Tekken DR for a night of beer, pizza and beat em ups! :thumbsup:

Tried that with my very first purchase and it would still only allow multiples of £5 :(

balinx

Standard Member
Main thing I would like in the update:

Support for 2:3 pulldown to get 1080p 24fps blue ray discs not look hopelessly shuddery! (My sharp 46inch LCD is 60Hz)

I can't believe this does not bother more people!

Steve-L

Prominent Member
Its not the fact that i have to keep adding funds that is the problem. My issue is that they now have £4.50 of my money (that they wont refund) until i decide to buy something else

If everyone who owns a PS3 has a few quid in their wallet (i.e in sony's bank) then imagine how much interest Sony is making on that :thumbsdow

True enough - same with the 360 and Microsoft "points". Maybe that's why it doesn't bother me as I've got used to doing things that way...

Breadmaker - I'm sure it forced me to use the wallet feature the first time I bought something and it definitely said the minimum credit was a fiver...

Steve-L

Prominent Member
Main thing I would like in the update:

Support for 2:3 pulldown to get 1080p 24fps blue ray discs not look hopelessly shuddery! (My sharp 46inch LCD is 60Hz)

I can't believe this does not bother more people!

The main thing I want to see is an auto shut-off for the wireless pad! I'm sick to death of sitting down to play a game and finding the battery is flat because I forgot to turn the pad off the night before. I must have charged it up about 10 times since launch day now. :mad:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom