1.5 gain tab tensioned screen with hs10?

paul1672

Prominent Member
Reaction score
is it ok to use a 1.5 gain tab tensioned screen with the hs10?
any info would be greatly appreciated.

thought so.
just received my new electric screen and it was a tab tensioned 1.5 one instead of the non tensioned 1.2 gain that i ordered.
now trying to get it exchanged.
many thanks kramer.

I'd highly doubt that you'll see any difference in the screens to be perfectly honest. If you are happy with your current screen stick with it, if you fancy the change, why not.

The choice, as they say, is yours.

Enjoy :)

Although having said that, I know of one retailer who's quoted spec (electric model) is 1.5:1, but by their own admission, in reality it's actually closer to 1.2:1.

The HS10 isn't the best in the black level department so will suffer even more than other PJs with a high gain screen.

Be good if you could "try" it before returning it ;)

oh well,too late now as it's being exchanged tomorrow.
was a stonking £400 price difference too!
i guess i'm too honest!!
i did try it as i didn't actually realise it was tab tensioned until it rolled out.(no mention of it on my receipt so didn't expect it to be different).
cant say i really noticed much difference but i must say i didn't like the outer curve it had to it when fully opened.(guess that was to do with the tab tensioning).
anyway,i's going back and i'm settling on the non-tab tensioned 1.2 gain model.
many thanks for your thoughts.
paul

The price difference will be down to the lack of tabbing, it's quite expensive to add as it adds a fair bit of production time.

Enjoy. :D

it was a nexnix tab-tensioned screen.
i just received the non tab-tensioned one today and to be honest i'm alot happier now as i really didn't like the curves on the sides of the tab-tensioned one.
paul

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom