1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1:30 h more

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Reiner, May 2, 2002.

1. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    And I will be seeing Spiderman! :cool:

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +856
    Its supposed to be rubbish!!:p ;)

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've seen a couple of net reviews (Harry Knowles was one of them I think - it's certainly on his site)... They thought it was great, and should rival (the also supposed to be excellent) Star Wars AOTC.

We'll see soon enough eh? With these two films and the World cup, the summer's sorted!

4. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Spiderman

Starring Toby Maguire, Willem Dafoe and Kirsten Dunst

Another comic book made into a film and this time it's successfull, which unfortunately has not always been the case.
    The good news is that the movie also focuses on the characters and not only action, explaining how Spiderman obtained his special powers and allowing us to see how he finds out and learns to use them, probably the funniest parts of the movie.

Willem Dafoe stars as the villain (Green Goblin) and does an excellent job at it - as far as I am qualified to judge that.
    Kirsten Dunst is the love interest and changes her boyfriends during the movie more often then Spiderman his costume. ;) (In case you wonder: he does change it.)

The SFX are good because they have not been overly used, in fact they are not that noticable (you know they are there but you don't really realize them) and Spiderman flying through town using his web looks pretty neat / smooth.

Best phrase: "Go, web, go!"

All in all a good but not great movie, let down by an extremely grainy picture from time to time, especially in the fast moving scenes. (Could this be due to the subtitles, i.e. are they overlaid on the movie itself?)

I did enjoy it and think it's fun too watch, nothing to difficult (no-brainer really) and made me think it's still worth going to the cinema and watch movies on the big screen. Thumbs up!

* * * * out of 5

5. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    The funniest scene with Spiderman, ever, has got to be the Kenny Everett sketch. Where he climbs an office block face up to the toilet window, leaps in up to the urinal only to find he has no zipper. Enter the the classic walking away from urinal shaking leg moment after Spiderman loses control!
    Simpler times for simpler people[​IMG]