1.2m Linx hdmi cable - any good?

beatmonkeytwo

Novice Member
If anyone has got this cable, or had experience with it then could you post your opinions on it please :thumbsup:

Linx 1.2m Luxury 24k Gold Plated HDMI Cable
HDMI-HDMI Connectors to gain true 1080p high definition picture
24K Gold plated connectors for optimum clarity in signal
99.99% Oxygen free cable for minimum signal degradation
Fully coated and shielded cord for minimum signal interference
Silver soldering to ensure optimum signal clarity

Coolit

Novice Member
I bought this cable from Play.com (for £13?) a few weeks ago although I've not hooked it up yet. Quality wise the cable itself seems pretty good and I'm happy, it doesn't have a generic cheap cable feel which is good.

From what I've read on here and advice I've been given you can get away with a cheap HDMI cable under 5m with no quality loss anyway, over 5m is where HQ cables start to pay dividends and you can see a difference.

beatmonkeytwo

Novice Member
yeah it's £12.99 from play including delivery! Other sites have it for around £22 so could be a bit of a bargin.

Do you know when you'll get round to hooking it up Coolit?

Coolit

Novice Member
Friday with luck as I'm waiting for an HDTV which should get delivered then, just waiting for a conformation call.

beatmonkeytwo

Novice Member
Any chance you could let me know what its like? :D I was gona order it today but may wait! No point in paying more than 20 quid for one going from what I have read on here, so it's either this one or a molex...

Coolit

Novice Member
Yeah I'll let you know.

TV's been confirmed for delivery on Friday as I've had the call this afternoon, so I'll be able to post on Friday sometime.

I cant see there being any problem with the cable though as its under 5m in length where PQ starts to suffer without a high quality cable:)

Coolit

Novice Member
I've had a slight delay as my TVDrive has a broken hdmi port (which is apparently a common fault) and so I'm waiting for a replacement.

TLC54321

Standard Member
If anyone has got this cable, or had experience with it then could you post your opinions on it please :thumbsup:

Hi

I would definitely recommend this cable. Bought one recently from Play at £12.99 and tested it with LG 42PC1D/Tosh SD-360. It gives superb picture quality & the build quailty looks good too. Bit of a bargain really & Play's service is second to none IMO. I hope this helps.

TC

marko1

Novice Member
Bargain:thumbsup: I bought one last week for £14.99 and now another £5 off! Certainly works excellently as i used it to link Panny42px60 to SC-HT855. Don't hesitate at the price.:)