1:1 Pixel mapping on Sony KF42SX300

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by seiko, Mar 26, 2006.

1. seiko

seiko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are currently a number of other threads in relation to being able to view HD on this great TV set but as the set does not have any other progressive inputs it appears that the last real hope of getting anything close to a good albeit none encrypted HD feed is via it's VGA input.

Unfortunately it appears that Sony in conjunction of skimping on component inputs made a VGA connection a tricky step too :oops: as the standard VGA resolutions supported are only 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768 (4:3) even though the set's native panel sizes are 1366x768. Although you can actually create a a custom resolution of 1366x768 via PC and Powerstrip etc the set still insists on drawing a small border around the screen. As such it appears that 1:1 pixel mapping will not be possible? I assume this to be the case as my current PC output looks fairly fuzzy even when a 1366x768 output is chosen. A black and white chequered pattern shows the white to be a little grey. I guess it might be due to the VGA cable as it's nothing special but I suspect it is the extra border as that surely means the pixels are not mapping 1:1?

So, has anyone managed to configure the set so it is possible to achieve 1:1 pixel mapping via the VGA input? :lease:
    If so, is the VGA input genuinely good enough to do justice to a HD feed?

If not has anyone managed to get a very clear PC display on this set thus making the HD picture quality from a scaler look more attractive as an option albeit living with the small border?

2. seiko

seiko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm, I had hoped a few of the set owners would have continued to play as they surely are facing the HD question too? It's such a shame to not be able to use the VGA input as a work around?

Any one think the DC-DA1 may work and if so how can we tweak the set so that it doesn't have a pixel border?

:lease: