• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

1:1 pixel mapping - important for gaming?

lance.carter

i think it's all in the title. I am not buying a tele for films, but for better gaming.....do i really have to be concerned about 1:1 pixel mapping?

I'm already appreciating that a fast response time is ideal but what else should i look for when the tv is primarily going to be used for PS3 and standard def TV (for the foreseeable).

Cheers...

Lance

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
very important for PC gaming, and xbox360 gaming if you plan on using the vga cable.

if you dont plan on using a vga cable for the 360 and you never plan on pc gaming then it doesnt matter.

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
So it is a must for PC gaming?

well..... its not a MUST, i could play pc games on my wlt66 but it only looked good at 1024x768 in 4:3 picture mode.

for gaming higher the resolution the better, and playing at a 4:3 image is wasting a 3rd of the screen.

there are plenty of sets capable of doing 1:1 mapping now, so, if pc gaming is an issue and you have yet to purchase, then i think the question should be why NOT get a set with 1:1 mapping. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom