1:1 pixel mapping for Panasonic PW5

tcp/ip

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

As the title says I want 1:1 pixel mapping on my Panasonic PW5 what is it and what are the settings to get it.

Thanks,
TCP/IP

tcp/ip said:
Hi everybody,

As the title says I want 1:1 pixel mapping on my Panasonic PW5 what is it and what are the settings to get it.

You want it but you don't know what it is? :D

1:1 Pixel mapping is where you set the output of your HCPC to the same resolution as your plasma native display. i dont know what the PW% native res is is but its 800x400 for example then set the ouput of the HCPc to a screen res of 800x400. Some folks use the settings on the graphics card while others prefer to use powerstrip etc.

Cheers

Hi

Loads of peeps have asked me for these Powerstrip timings for a while. Sorry, been really busy with work

These give me perfect 1:1 on my PW5 with a Radeon 9600

Here they are finally. Go to Powerstrip - advanced timings - paste from clipboard icon (having copied these to the clipboard in advance)

PowerStrip timing parameters:
848x480=848,24,88,96,480,1,3,13,26242,274

Generic timing details for 848x480:
HFP=24 HSW=88 HBP=96 kHz=25 VFP=1 VSW=3 VBP=13 Hz=50

Linux modeline parameters:
"848x480" 26.242 848 872 960 1056 480 481 484 497 -hsync +vsync

Let me know how you get on !! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cheers mate i am installing powerstrip as i speak

Right I have installed powerstrip and installed using the settings provided icons are now massive on the desktop but the picture does look good. Problem is when I play any dvd's or divx files they look terrible. I am currenlty connecting my plasma via vga from my 9600 to the VGA input on the plasma and to be honest the quality is terrible. Would i be best geting these to improve the quality:

http://www.pluggedin.tv/item--SweetSpot-Video-Processor--PITVSS001

http://www.pluggedin.tv/item--RealMagic-Xcard-DVD-and-Divx-player--PITVSS002

What does anybody think.

Cheers,
TCP/IP

This is what I use on my 5 series panny plasma . You will need to shave 2 pixels off either side when you size the image on the plasma .

PowerStrip timing parameters:
856x480=856,64,56,88,480,1,3,12,31725,278

Generic timing details for 856x480:
HFP=64 HSW=56 HBP=88 kHz=30 VFP=1 VSW=3 VBP=12 Hz=60

Linux modeline parameters:
"856x480" 31.725 856 920 976 1064 480 481 484 496 -hsync -vsync

And you'll probably want to adjust Clock Phase in the picture menu with reference to a suitable pattern , something like Mark Rehjon's dila setup pattern is good.

The problem i am getting with the divx files is that the blacks are very bad and also it looks like a lot of MPEG compression on the screen

geeWcee said:
Maybe due to the actual quality of the Divx files rather than powerstrip/your panel.

very likely

Are you playing dvd's direct from your PC dvd drive ??
And what player are you using ??

tcp/ip said:
Right I have installed powerstrip and installed using the settings provided icons are now massive on the desktop but the picture does look good. Problem is when I play any dvd's or divx files they look terrible. I am currenlty connecting my plasma via vga from my 9600 to the VGA input on the plasma and to be honest the quality is terrible. Would i be best geting these to improve the quality:

http://www.pluggedin.tv/item--SweetSpot-Video-Processor--PITVSS001

http://www.pluggedin.tv/item--RealMagic-Xcard-DVD-and-Divx-player--PITVSS002

What does anybody think.

Cheers,
TCP/IP

you say your desktop pq is good. How does text look is it clear and sharp across an entire sentence wiht no letters bolder or out of focus ?
If the answer is yes it is likely you have 1:1

It that is the case then you need to look at the quality of the files you are playing or your player

BTW I have both the sweetspot for RGBs capture from sky+ and the xcard .
Both dvd and sky pq is excellent fed to dscaler

The thing is.....

If you use your HTPC at this sort of resolution, it is not usable for web surfing or operating windows.

I have tried every resolution known (and unknown) to humankind, and settled on 1280 x 576 - this is for a HTPC connected to a PW7 panel via DVI. This res gives exceptional clarity for text, and plays back video very well.

Also, I noticed that some resolutions only give 3 columns of thumbnails in MCE 2005, but this res gives 4.

:)

I don't find websurfing too bad at the 856x480 res . Sure its not as nice as working at a higher resolution but I can do everything I need to at this res even play some games.

deleted member said:
The thing is.....

If you use your HTPC at this sort of resolution, it is not usable for web surfing or operating windows.

I have tried every resolution known (and unknown) to humankind, and settled on 1280 x 576 - this is for a HTPC connected to a PW7 panel via DVI. This res gives exceptional clarity for text, and plays back video very well.

Also, I noticed that some resolutions only give 3 columns of thumbnails in MCE 2005, but this res gives 4.

:)

Thats where powerstrip is so useful tho. set up both resolutions and save them as a profile then switch between them dependent on what you are doing :)

sniffer66 said:
Thats where powerstrip is so useful tho. set up both resolutions and save them as a profile then switch between them dependent on what you are doing :)

Why us an extra program though? i hate having loads of programs running in the background, Nvidia drivers have the options of profiles etc all built in, i much prefer it that way

betamac said:
Why us an extra program though? i hate having loads of programs running in the background, Nvidia drivers have the options of profiles etc all built in, i much prefer it that way

Of course I would too, but I have a Radeon so dont have the option to achieve the 1:1 res with the Catalyst drivers at PAL 50 hz refresh rates. Standard 60 hz gives me unacceptable judder for PAL material

Given no choice Powerstrip is a v. good solution !!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom