1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1:1 mapping on 50PV500 (or other 50" Pannys)

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Darkl0rd1, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Darkl0rd1

Darkl0rd1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I'm having a lot of trouble getting 1:1 mapping happening on my parent’s new 50PV500 Viera plasma from my laptop. I'm obviously using Powerstrip which has accepted 1366x768@60hz resolution (it can actually change to it on the laptop, and display it on the laptop’s screen after rescaling to the screen’s native resolution) but I can’t get the Plasma to sync to this resolution.

In fact I’m having a lot of trouble getting the plasma to sync to any resolution above 800x600! After changing resolution it flashes up for a second, then it loses sync and I get a blank screen.

I am of course using the Plasma’s RGBHV via DSUB input, as I know HDMI won’t accept custom PC resolutions.

Has anyone had any luck with Powerstrip, an nVidia graphics card, and 1:1 mapping on a 1366x768 Panasonic screen? If so I'm BEGGING you for your advice and/or Powerstrip timings! ;)

2. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,575
    There are some option on the PV when on PC input, if you go in to the menu, setup, Pc setup there are a few options that may help.

3. Darkl0rd1

Darkl0rd1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Mal. I've had a play with those but to no avail. Once the plasma loses sync (which happens as soon as I change resolution to anything higher than 800x600), changing any of those options under the PC setup section doesn’t make any difference. I still cant get a picture.

Surely there must be someone here who has used a PC with a 50" Panasonic that can share their Powerstrip timings? please?:rolleyes: