1,000 workers have died in Qatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

kopchoir

Ex Member
Reaction score
I don't think they are alone in the Gulf states with regards to exploiting migrant workers. It doesn't make it right though. It's quite sad that it's only highlighted because of a World Cup that they should not be holding.

Last edited:
I bet the actual number is higher.
How many people from countries like the UK ignore this because the pay is good? it's not just FIFA.

Blatter needs to go. The guy is a ****

It's so obvious there's been a load back handers in this World Cup Qatar bid.... Unfortunately money talks!! The worlds gone mad!!

Cracks me up

Blatter needs to go. The guy is a ****
He's announced he's going to stand for re-election in 2015.
As no-one dares vote against him looks like we'll be stuck with this slimeball :mad:

Err... then don't go to the matches.

Err... what :confused:

If you don't like the way FIFA operates don't give them money.
If they keep getting money they keep doing the same things.

Qatar is a slave state. Yes slavery was abolished in Qatar in 1952 but the reality is that it is still alive and kicking. And it's not alone in the Gulf.

Cheers,

Nigel

Such things as the employer has to give permission for someone to leave the country?

Lets face the only problem here is the possibility that its going to be a winter world cup and the mess its going to make respective Club Leagues and their fiscal activities I suspect much will be reported of the 1000 deaths if its moved from June and July and more on Qatar, not very western attitudes.

FiFA and dodgy going ons, thats modern football in general.

Western attitudes - it's OK because it's football?

I wish that was a surprise. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom