• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

1,000 workers have died in Qatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepuma

Distinguished Member
I don't think they are alone in the Gulf states with regards to exploiting migrant workers. It doesn't make it right though. It's quite sad that it's only highlighted because of a World Cup that they should not be holding.

Last edited:

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
I bet the actual number is higher.
How many people from countries like the UK ignore this because the pay is good? it's not just FIFA.

leeno382

It's so obvious there's been a load back handers in this World Cup Qatar bid.... Unfortunately money talks!! The worlds gone mad!!

Cracks me up

Steve N

Distinguished Member
Blatter needs to go. The guy is a ****
He's announced he's going to stand for re-election in 2015.
As no-one dares vote against him looks like we'll be stuck with this slimeball :mad:

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Err... then don't go to the matches.

Steve N

Distinguished Member
Err... what :confused:

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
If you don't like the way FIFA operates don't give them money.
If they keep getting money they keep doing the same things.

kopchoir

Banned

nheather

Distinguished Member
Qatar is a slave state. Yes slavery was abolished in Qatar in 1952 but the reality is that it is still alive and kicking. And it's not alone in the Gulf.

Cheers,

Nigel

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Such things as the employer has to give permission for someone to leave the country?

DandyAndy

Lets face the only problem here is the possibility that its going to be a winter world cup and the mess its going to make respective Club Leagues and their fiscal activities I suspect much will be reported of the 1000 deaths if its moved from June and July and more on Qatar, not very western attitudes.

FiFA and dodgy going ons, thats modern football in general.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Western attitudes - it's OK because it's football?

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
I wish that was a surprise. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom