09/11 - 20 years ago - did you know anyone who was there? Your memories of that day.

Yeah they set out to make a.documentary about how a rookie fire officer beds in, then it took a turn for the worse ☹️
Amazing that they just happened to be near the WTC filming when it happened. If I was a conspiracy freak I'd swear it was too much of a coincidence and they were obviously in on it.

Amazing that they just happened to be near the WTC filming when it happened. If I was a conspiracy freak I'd swear it was too much of a coincidence and they were obviously in on it.
Fully agree, it freaked me out just days ago from when I first saw it despite years of knowledge of what happened.

If I remember correctly this was taken from a documentary about the NYFD. Two French brothers were filming at the time, one of the brothers was on the fire truck filming whilst fire officers were checking a drain cover for gas. Once the plane hit everybody in the fire truck, including the brother, attended the scene. The brother had camera in hand and was inside the building.

It's a remarkable documentary.

Does anyone know where I could watch this?

We were in Florida at the time and actually at Blizzard Beach to be precise. I was just queuing for summit plummet when there was an announcement that the park was closing. We thought it might be due to a storm until we got back to the hotel and saw pretty much everyone else, and then we heard people speculating and finally we saw it on tv. We couldn’t believe it, like everyone else really and to say it was a surreal week or so after in the US after that was an understatement.

I would recommend watching 9/11 One day in America for those who have not seen it, I just sat watching it in silence - speechless and unfathomable what people who were there went through.
Just watched this, amazing stories from people that survived.Also didn't realise the extent of damage to other buildings (other one's that collapsed). Not seen that footage of the 2nd plane crashing into South tower either, previously had only seen the distant view from news. Still can't believe it happened even now.☹

Just watched this, amazing stories from people that survived.Also didn't realise the extent of damage to other buildings (other one's that collapsed). Not seen that footage of the 2nd plane crashing into South tower either, previously had only seen the distant view from news. Still can't believe it happened even now.☹
What got me was the amount of debris, even before both buildings collapsed and specifically the sounds of those unfortunate people hitting the ground/roof as the firefighters were in the reception area, unbelievable really. I also like the fact it stuck to the people who lived it that day and not on the politicians etc.

What got me was the amount of debris, even before both buildings collapsed and specifically the sounds of those unfortunate people hitting the ground/roof as the firefighters were in the reception area, unbelievable really. I also like the fact it stuck to the people who lived it that day and not on the politicians etc.

That still haunts me even now. There was afterwards some horrific footage of this happening that I unfortunately saw and have never been able to forget.

A lot of footage of the firefighters from that day show them haunted by those they knew they'd be unable to save.

I was working for Bank of America back then but in the Bromley office. One of the things I had to do every morning was to ring the New York office to get the currency exchange rates for that day and every morning I would have a little chat with whoever picked up the phone in New York.

When we heard that two planes had hit the WTC I said to my manager "isn't our head office in the WTC?". We looked at each other and then immediately tried ringing but obviously the line was dead at that point. Bank of America did lose people but I never found out if it was someone that I had previously spoken to as we rang a different office for our currency rates after that.
They closed Canary Wharf down that afternoon and also they closed our office in Bromley. We rushed home and spent the rest of the day glued to the TV in disbelief.

That still haunts me even now. There was afterwards some horrific footage of this happening that I unfortunately saw and have never been able to forget.

A lot of footage of the firefighters from that day show them haunted by those they knew they'd be unable to save.

Yes, imagine having a choice of walking into the flames or jumping out the 1,000 ft high window.

I think I'd choose the latter because it's quicker, but it still gives me the shudders thinking about it.

Our brother was a News Video Editor for BBC News for 25 years.
He saw some awful stuff. Not transmitted. Gave him PTSD

Worst one was a baby cut in half, vertically, in Syria
About the time his own son was born. That was when he went loop de loop

Yes, imagine having a choice of walking into the flames or jumping out the 1,000 ft high window.

I think I'd choose the latter because it's quicker, but it still gives me the shudders thinking about it.
That is the most poignant aspect for me. I don't know if I'd be brave enough to jump but I can understand why people did.

I haven't read the whole book but I would recommend reading 102 Minutes for anyone with an interest in 9/11. It does make for some difficult reading though as it is quite graphic.

Amazon product ASIN 0099492563

Apart from the horror of the day's events, I've always been disgusted that people in some countries were out in the streets openly celebrating.

Whatever one might think of the US Government, to applaud the deaths of nearly 3,000 innocent people is quite appalling and clearly shows that some have completely different values to us.

With all the events since that fateful day, we seem further away than ever from world peace.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom