1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

02 Z28 ICE & CarPC install setup/planning questions

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by JonClaude, May 8, 2005.

1. JonClaude

JonClaude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a '02 Z28, one way or the other I will be installing a Mac Mini, my isues have arisen when trying to plan the head unit. I have a 1.5 din space in the dash where the stock head unit is.

I was thinking about installing a Pyle PLDVD500 half din DVD player with my DWW-700M. together they shoudl fill up the space nicely. My fears are that the PLDVD500 will not interface directly with my stock Monsoon Amp, so I can have basicly a clean install.

My question is will this half din DVD player replace my stock head unit? If not, what do you I need to interface with my Amp and speakers in a stealth or hidden nature. I have seen some half din pre amps avaialbel for sale, what are these and whould they solve my problem?

I hate having this dilema at this point, I thought I thought this through evidently I droped the ball, thank fully I have not purchased the half din head dvd player/head unit yet.

All advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for your time and efforts,
    Jon