02 Unlocking on PAYG

BigChris78

Standard Member
Hi there just a quick one,

Anyone know how long after the money is taken from your credit to the phone actually being unlocked?

Kind regards

Last edited:

BigChris78

Standard Member
nevermind:D
after looking through the forums a bit if found that some people had received texts from o2 saying unlock unsuccessful. these guys said that after speaking to customer services that they unlocked the phone there and then..... so this got me thinking;) and off i popped to the o2 website and waited to speak to one of the chat advisor's.... I lied through my teeth :devil: and said that the money had been taken and I had received a text saying unlock unsuccessful. After 2 mins of security questions they unlocked the phone there and then. Result!!!

Now ordinarily I don't condone lying but in this case woo hoo:clap::clap::clap:

Hope this is useful to those too impatient to wait

Last edited:

bobbytoad

sorry to jump your thread,

to any recent o2 unlockers (PAYG) how long did it take to get decison from o2?

BigChris78

Standard Member
Dude read the message above lol as soon as the credit gets taken off your phone, contact them and tell them you got a message saying unlock failed they will unlock it for you there and then. :cool:

Dave X

under normal circumstances doing it the legit way, it takes about 2-3 days from applying for the credit to be taken and the phone is unlocked the following day.

Pug72

Will being JB effect an official unlock?

I mean will it still be in effect once restored as a new phone?

m.r.davies

Standard Member
...and said that the money had been taken and I had received a text saying unlock unsuccessful. After 2 mins of security questions they unlocked the phone there and then. Result!!!

Hope this is useful to those too impatient to wait

did you do this through an online chat?
i've been waiting ages, no texts!!

i've looked on their website for the online chat, but all they have is an automated ask lucy thing

any help appreciated where to find this online chat thing
cheers

Dave X

did you do this through an online chat?
i've been waiting ages, no texts!!

I never received a text or email from o2 confirming the unlock, once the credit was taken I just kept trying to connect to iTunes with a T-Mobile sim in the iPhone. Got the "congratulations, iphone unlocked" message later the following day. (about 3 days in total)

rune

It took me 3-4 days to get the unlock sorted.. Interestingly although I bought the phone as PAYG, I now have a Simplicity Contract (30 days), so on the unlock form I selected Contract (which is true, but its not on a iphone contract, and the phone was PAYG), the phone got unlocked and no money changed hand.. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom