007 sound?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by ytgti, Dec 21, 2002.

1. ytgti

ytgti
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    So how come when bond was on the other night (can't remember which one) it was in stereo, but all the oldies on DVD are in mono. :(

Not including the new ones ( Goldeneye, TND, TWINE) ive got Dr No, Goldfinger, Thunderball, You only live twice, Diamonds are forever and the Spy who loved me. But why are they all in mono sound except for Thunderball and The spy who loved me which are 5.1.:confused:

All are R2, but even the R1's are in mono.

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    HI,

The one that was on TV, was "Never Say, Never Again". What you probably found, was that both the TV and DVD versions of the movie are both in mono. but both will have the single sound channel piped through both left and right TV sound channels, and hence you get a stereophonic-style of sound.

In effect, what you are actually hearing is the mono sound being piped through two channels.

Pooch

3. simon p

simon p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi
    i think you will find that thunderball is 4 track on the film as is the dvd it is the newer version of the film from the vaults. which i think was done for the premeir in the early days . ,also the spy that loved me was 4 track,thus they would mix to multi track well .the first dolby soundtrack for bond was moonracker. they can only mix what they have from the original stems for multi sound unless they mock it . also goldfinger did in the early days have the title track in stereo as is the box set laserdisc of the film
    hope this helps
    simon