😡Anyone had problems with FurniturWork

_Dragon_

I ordered a desk last December paid for it to be put together, when it was put up it was damaged but I didn't notice it till later on. I got on the phone to them straight away all nice sorry about that etc.. Will will get it sorted, I'm still waiting for it to be replaced totally understand about things taking longer because of lockdown but now this is getting out of hand, I have phoned them up a number of times they said they will send a email to whoever to find out what's happening and they will phone me back they never do, last night I phoned up and was told they will phone me back today by 12pm, no phone call, So I phoned up again today and was told that the person I spoke to shouldn't of said they will phone me up as its not enough time. Then the guy I spoke to said he will phone me later to give me a update. Guess what no phoncall, they dont seem to answer emails any more. Any suggestion on the next thing I should do?

Edit: Apparently because of lockdown this year the delivery crew were only doing door steps deliveries fair enough but its now April and I still don't know whats happening.

Thanks.

Last edited:

wiz

Distinguished Member
Not the sort of company I'd like to deal with!

Please tell me you paid by credit card?

wiz

Distinguished Member
1618503550465.png

_Dragon_

I thought what could go wrong I had maxed out my credit card because I had just moved into a new build. The desk was damaged and not stable, I guess the guys knew that but they were speaking their own language so I had no idea.

This is where I'm stuck they are saying it's on their system for the top to be replaced but they are waiting to hear from the delivery guys when they are going to be back to going inside houses. Seems they don't actually pick up a phone to call them they just wait for a email that seems to never happen.

Looking on Furdeco Home delivery website its saying they have been back to normal since March the 8th.

Last edited:

_Dragon_

Still no phonecall. Do I have the rights to now ask for a refund? they delivered and fitted it in December but its been a heap on the floor since then because it wasn't stable enough far to dangerous to be used.

wiz

Distinguished Member
Yes, I would but if they don't respond its going to be difficult

_Dragon_

Yes, I would but if they don't respond its going to be difficult
I will have to phone them up and talk to them and tell them I'm now wanting a full refund. They do answer their phones but just say the same thing.
Cheers

MrFraggle

Distinguished Member
I will have to phone them up and talk to them and tell them I'm now wanting a full refund. They do answer their phones but just say the same thing.
Cheers
If they do not respond send them a recorded delivery letter setting out the issues, dates and times of phone calls is always useful, what you want and advising you will take legal action should they not comply and send to the manager.

Last edited:

MikeHoy

MikeHoy

_Dragon_

If they do not respond send them a recorded delivery letter setting out the issues, dates and times of phone calls is always usefulwhat you want and advising you will take legal action should they not comply and send to the manager.
Thanks I sent them a quick email saying I'm now wanting a refund, just incase they respond before I can phone them up, crossing fingers that the email will actually get things sorted and for them to say the new desk will be with you. I have been prepared to wait but now its better to get a refund if they can't be bothered to update me with what's going on.

MikeHoy

I would try calling and ask to speak to Julie, if they fob you off ask to speak to Michael Philip and make it know you know he is the director.
I will try and find out what his email address is,

MikeHoy

_Dragon_

Cheers I might have to give her a go then, I had also looked on Google for his email but didn't come up with anything.

Edit: You can't message anyone without paying a subscription.

Last edited:

_Dragon_

I have found her email address its jbeattie, I sent a email and it didn't bounce back, so hopefully it will be mphiilip if I need to contact him if I dont get a response from Julie.

MikeHoy

_Dragon_

When you give them so many days to get back to you do you include the weekend?

Looking at the bad reviews I think im going to have some trouble getting anything out of them, I have managed to set up the desk without it falling apart again, the holes that the screws go into are damaged so it doesn't properly screw in. But it will do as a short term fix.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sky reveals content lineup for 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Panasonic TVs now feature Apple TV+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Magico announces Titan 15 subwoofer
  • By Andy Bassett