Question ‘Must Haves’ when in US

johnny777

So, visiting the USA. Any thoughts on what I should definitely pick up in Best Buy etc (incl Steelbooks). So far thinking Incredibles 2 SB and The Mule. Thanks.

davidjohnson

Distinguished Member
So, visiting the USA. Any thoughts on what I should definitely pick up in Best Buy etc (incl Steelbooks). So far thinking Incredibles 2 SB and The Mule. Thanks.

In my experience just buy what you can find. Most Best Buys/Target/Walmarts aren't particularly well stocked and you may find yourself having to visit several locations trying to find what you are after.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Incredibles 2 Steelbook was available for £23 on ebay. For months. Not sure about the current status

Mack errol

My wife goes to America with work a few times a year, on her last visit I sent her with a list for the Walmart that was closest to her hotel, with it being a larger store I thought they’d have a decent selection, they didn’t have any of the titles I was after ( 5th Element, Leon, Coco, Cars 3, Kick Ass , Annihilation, Ferdinand, Starship Troopers) .
She’s going in a few weeks so I’ll be either ordering them in for collection or having them delivered to her hotel.
Definitely don’t expect the titles to be on the shelf.

johnny777

Managed to finally bag Aquaman Steelbook in Best Buy last night :) ..........also picked up Creed II SB but only swayed as Best Buy reduced it to $24.

Not too much to get excited about. Gone are the days with a massive gap between US and UK DVDs.

johnny777

D2914E97-DB75-419D-A3EA-C27CAADF30DE.jpeg

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Need not be must-haves but worth buying:

Dynasties (Atmos)

Starship Troopers
Fifth Element
Air Force One
Leon

The Nun
Aquaman (uncut)

Bumblebee (uncut)

Wreck It Ralph
Ralph Breaks the Internet
Incredibles
Incredibles 2
Little Mermaid
Nutcracker and Four Realms

House with Clock in its Walls (Atmos)

Knowing
The Punisher
Punisher War Zone
Lord of War
Source Code
Law Abiding Citizen
Dredd (if you can put up with DNR)

and Lionsgate films not released outside the Americas.

Last edited:

johnny777

You know what?.....i’m 10 miles from a Best Buy right now. They have the following in stock, and I’m going to pick them up.......

Split (only $14.99 and not seen it)
Glass
Incredibles
Air Force One

Debating Bumblebee!

If anyone wants a copy of Glass (being a new release), let me know in the next couple of hours and I can probably get it and post it for about £29. Can post on Monday! Goes without saying that I will put it on the Buy/Sell to legitimise the sale etc.

Thanks for the help.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom