Ẁhat is better - Compact Camera v iPhone 6s or 7?

Cropping in the camera:
Shoot in RAW -> crop the RAW -> compress the cropped image to jpg
When you crop on your camera, is the image permanently cropped ie can't be reversed or undone?
I ask because when you crop on an iPhone, you can still undo the crop meaning that the original image data is still all there even though it looks cropped (& hence no change in file size on digital zoom).

When you crop on your camera, is the image permanently cropped ie can't be reversed or undone?
I ask because when you crop on an iPhone, you can still undo the crop meaning that the original image data is still all there even though it looks cropped (& hence no change in file size on digital zoom).
I can manually crop a picture on the camera via the edit functions, and choose either to overwrite the original or save as a new file. The cropped version has the same pixel resolution as the original (eg if I crop by 50% in each dimension the result is a quarter the size). I would think that for anyone familiar with even basic computer editing there is no point in doing it, though. I certainly never do.

Cropping by digital zoom does not keep the original.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom