1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

¿Panasonic TH42PA30E or Sony KE42TS2E?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by MARTOLA, Sep 15, 2004.

1. MARTOLA

MARTOLA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please, I have to make a decission asap!!!!

Thanks!!!

2. Orlando

Orlando

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    You will be edged towards the Panny on this site.
    However I think the Sony has a sharper, brighter picture at the expense of crushed blacks. The Sony is also much more expensive and the picture can sometimes struggle with fast movement.
    I have the Panny myself, but would have no qualms about having the Sony. I didn't buy it as it was relatively new out when I was looking and it was a bit of an unknown quantity.
    They are both top tele's, try and view then both together and decide what you like best.

3. MARTOLA

MARTOLA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I forgot to tell you that I can buy both TV´s at the same price. Wich one should I buy? I think that the Sony is the best choice due to its resolution (1024x1024) but I haven´t read much about it. I have read very good reviews about the Panasonic so I do not one what to choose.

Thanks in advance!!!

4. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Don't just assume that bigger numbers means better. The Sony screen is interlaced unlike the progressive panel on the Panny. This may be a disadvantage to you. Do a search for Alis and make up your own mind. There was a good post recently about Alis in the topic comparing a Panny with a Hitachi.

-Ian

5. MARTOLA

MARTOLA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So you think that the Panny is the best option? I am very confused because nobody tells me the same thing. I thought that the most important thing was resolution, but after reading about ALIS I am a bit dissapointed. If someone else agrees that the Panny is the best option I will go and get it!!!

6. Elvis

Elvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Get the Panny