£99 sat nav from Maplin

ian hall

Standard Member
Reaction score
Anyone seen the £99 sat nav that maplin are advertising? Actually its £92 with the online discount voucher.

Ian

..."The aytobe you mentioned for £99.99 from maplin is a windows CE powered GPS device. It comes with little support at the moment but it's not bad for the price. It uses TeleAtlas maps however, TeleAtlas are saying the have no hardware / software for this device.
It's made by dangaard telecom and it has a new SiRFStar III chipset.
The software is provided by Smart2go which is seen in the nokia mobile phones."

Saw this elsewhere...also wondering if I should buy now or wait for 3 monhts before I can get for £50 off ebay.
;)

I bought the AYTOBE SAT GPS for £99 from Maplin and I am very pleased with it.

Good Points:
Browser is very quick and easy to set up.
Its portable and very easy to attach and remove from the windscreen
The GPS Navigation is excellent (very fast).
Simulation feature from A to B is a bonus.
Very good bright colour screen & very clear voice.
Excellent built in MP3 player
Very easy to copy Mp3 music from PC to the unit using Microsoft Aysnc

Bad Points:
No camera warnings built in the Unit
No street voice, just the normal Turn Left & Right
Only one update & Aytobe website is very poor

I only use within UK so I do not need to worry about EU maps and if you want to use within UK then I do recommend 100%.

max

Anyone seen the £99 sat nav that maplin are advertising? Actually its £92 with the online discount voucher.

Ian

hi ian i have a goodmans gnav 10 for sale if your intrtested its on ebay for sale at the moment for 100 and it has windows ce on it

I have the Aytobe PG-63509 and am also pleased with it overall. Unfortunately, the manual doesn't tell you how to use all of the functions, so I'm basically using trial & error. If anyone has details of where I can obtain a detailed manual, I'd be very grateful. :thumbsup:

I also have the sat nav and I found the Manuals on the Cd supplied, if you have any idea wher I can get a TMC aerial for it I would be gratefull

i have seen some info on the web about converting this to use TT software anyone else know about this

i have seen some info on the web about converting this to use TT software anyone else know about this

Yep it's quite simple:
1. THere is a site that has instructions on how to get teh "aytoBe" to use T software instead. Both are WIn-CE based. http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=54724 ( If not that paricular link, rummage for more on the site.

2. All the mods are on the card, so warranty is not nullified. I did it by simply buying a 2gb SD card and leaving the 512Mb that came with unit as is. All the sw is therefore on the SD card.

3. ps. TomToms are now ~ £100 or so from Halfords.

Hope that helps.

Ek.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom