£960 voucher from richer sounds towards new tv after lgb8 dead pixels

Daniel chapman

Novice Member
I purchased a LG65B8 back in February 2019 but recently I noticed a cluster of dead pixels in left hand corner so contacted richer sounds because I had a six year warranty on tv so sent pictures of fault and was told a few days later that they couldn’t repair it so are giving me a £960 voucher towards a new tv so including the voucher I have around £1800 towards to spend and am looking at getting a lg65c1 I just wanted peoples thoughts on this is it worth waiting until the new lg tvs are released to see if the older lg tvs prices drop further?

JAYGAR

I purchased a LG65B8 back in February 2019 but recently I noticed a cluster of dead pixels in left hand corner so contacted richer sounds because I had a six year warranty on tv so sent pictures of fault and was told a few days later that they couldn’t repair it so are giving me a £960 voucher towards a new tv so including the voucher I have around £1800 towards to spend and am looking at getting a lg65c1 I just wanted peoples thoughts on this is it worth waiting until the new lg tvs are released to see if the older lg tvs prices drop further?
Interesting that they are not replacing the panel for a new one, my 65 LG b8 went faulty with a line right down the screen and John Lewis got it repaired with a new replacement panel which was done in home, took about 20 minutes to do and mine was about 2.5 years old.
Considering you have had it 3 years
I would have thought they would repair it or get a like for like replacement eg LG 65 B1, that's what I would push for, maybe I am greedy.

MarkNorton1

I had my B8 screen replaced by JL also, however I saw the invoice which was around £1500! This was October last year so 2021 sets were possibly a little more money than they are now but given a brand new B1 is around £1300 I think it seemed daft. Not that it matters to me anymore since my daughter last week subsequently cracked the screen so house insurance are replacing it with a brand new C1, had a £200 excess but never mind.

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
May/June is the time for lowest prices. It might go down as much as £200 but after June you're then risking it being out of stock vs lowest price. There are still CX's (2020 model) floating around for just over a grand.

Daniel chapman

Novice Member
I did intend to buy a c1 towards the end of the year stock permitting of course, I only notice the dead pixels when 2ft away from screen but I know it’s there, my girlfriend lives Nextdoor to me so will give it to her. I am now torn between a c1 or g1.

Attachments

• E1B92239-33CD-47A0-A4D9-C8C08FCA87C8.jpeg
    E1B92239-33CD-47A0-A4D9-C8C08FCA87C8.jpeg
    461.4 KB · Views: 57

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom