1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£900 to spend, looking for a 32" tv, help!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by hmsq, Nov 3, 2003.

1. hmsq

hmsq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    I was looking at the Toshiba 42PW23 RPTV but foudn out that i have to be at a certain distance to watch the tv and my room ain't big enough!
    So i have looked at crts like the JVC HV-32D25 but after reading a review they on what video they said it's pic quality was crap now i'm back at position 0 with money to spend but not knowing what to buy.
    The TV must have 3 Scarts as i need to plug in my SKY+ XBOX PS2/PC
    that is minimum requirement and it must of course be widescreen.
    I would appreciate any hel on this matter.
    Must buy it before the christmas rush, so that i can enjoy all those movie on sky.

2. bodyfodder

bodyfodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi mate

Have you looked at the loewe range of sets? Probably the best 32"ers on the market today and have a fair price.

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/productdetails/LOE-A3981ZWP.htm

or.....

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/productdetails/LOE-MIMO32C.htm

How big is your room? Im also considering RPTV but a little concerned about the viewing distance. If it wasnt for the 42" screen size a RPTV offers then i would get a loewe straight away.

Iv just had to return two JVC dist sets because of the terrible pic quality when using consoles and DVD so i would demo before buying one!

Good luck!

3. hmsq

hmsq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Hi, thanks for the reply well i post below a plan of my room, basically for the price i thought the RPTV you get more screen for £ but i read on a review that the general thumb rule is to watch it you ve to stand 3 x the distance of the with!
    As for that range welll a bit out of my price 899.99 is the maxt that i can afford.
    [​IMG]

4. bodyfodder

bodyfodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Your layout is almost the same as mine.......

I think you will be ok as long as you dont go any bigger than 42". Remember that a 42" RPTV is only about 40cm deep and a 32" crt is about 55-60cm deep so you will be further away from the RPTV.

I would also suggest that you move the tv so that you can see it straight on when you are lying on your bed, the viewing angle of a rear projection is limited.

5. hmsq

hmsq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Ok this is what they said

As a general rule of thumb, your viewing distance from your rear-pro TV should be around three times the width of the screen. Sit much closer than this, and you are more likely to be distracted by the noise inherent in most broadcast signals. This means that you need to take your living room size into account when considering buying a rear-projection TV. If you get a 56in set that you then sit much too close to, the results will actually be less satisfying than if you'd got a 42in set instead.
    I still don't know if i can for the RPTV, i wish i could cause play xbox on that would be great! i'm having a look at loewe now for some reviews! Lets see what is better!

6. bodyfodder

bodyfodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If your looking for reviews dont pay too much attention to the magazine ones as they are often very wrong.:lesson:

Your best doing a search of these forums and if its loewe you are looking for then you will find all the info you need right here.

7. hmsq

hmsq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Do you know where one could have Loewe tvs demo or RPTV demo also!
    A friend said comet, but then i read on this forums about the bad source and then that kinda never shows the true power of the tv set!

8. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you decide to go for the loewe, wait a bit as the HD upgraded models should be out soon, and for no extra charge. :clap:

Rich

9. hmsq

hmsq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    What is the HD upgraded models, does it mean it has an hard drive i assume HD is short for hard drive!

10. bodyfodder

bodyfodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HD stands for high def. The new models will also have a harddisk recorder and the option for a built in freeview card!

The prices of the new models tho are still unknown......

11. hmsq

hmsq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Well taken the plunge after tv on the other room failed gonna go for the Toshiba 32ZP38 at £1042 from QED.co.uk it ain't bad deal!
    Is it true that all toshiba tvs are delivered directly from toshiba and installed by them?
    Anyways that is what i gone for i think for that money its the best deal me thinks!

12. hmsq

hmsq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Now that have gone for this telly i need to improve my connections to it i got a sky+ and i use the scart that came with it and the xbox also the svideo/scart to connect to telly is there anyway to get an rgb connecters to the telly, i got no ide still fuzzy what is better in the connections i thought that scart was the better signal ! Help would be apreciated sorry for the double post it would not let me change the previous post!