£900 max purchase

DanMck

Novice Member
My Dad want a new TV as his current 42" is becoming too small - edge light smasung (he is not really impressed with this) but does like the tizen OS

He wants a max of 55" in size

he watches mostly football, darts and snooker. His split between between netflix and amazon prime (both with HDR) is quite high 50-50 with sky sports through virgin. He does watch some old home shows in SD so upscaling could be important.

I have recommended this Sony 55XH9296 - it has good motion handling and decent HDR and it is slightly future proofed ( from the best value tv thread)

viewing angles are not a concern and he will be using his current 5.1 dolby digital surround set up

you think this is the best value in this price range ? or should i consider something else ?

Cheers !

vickster

Distinguished Member

Attachments

• 1611664714783.png
    1611664714783.png
    615.7 KB · Views: 12

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
You could also get the XH9505 in your budget which is a better TV.

The XH9005 is OK for HDR, the XH9505 is excellent with higher peak brightness.

vickster

Distinguished Member
It’s £100 more than the £900 max though

Dodgexander

Go for the XH9505 if you can, it will be a benefit when using HDR since the presentation on the XH9005 will be pretty dark.

If he will be using an external tuner then usually upscaling will be handled by that. No use buying into better upscaling if the upscaling isn't going to be handled by the TV.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom